THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

What is a street truck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skolman91
i still dont see why you guys think that for it to be a street car/truck its got to use a lower octane or no bottle. let them use what they want, but its gonna be harder for them to find it and way more expensive.
IMO, I don't care if a guy uses bottle. But most don't have another w/. them on the street. It's @ home. Plenty of street cars/ trucks use bottle.

How many stations carry above 93 or 94? On average, most don't carry 100 Unleaded or race gas. Therefore, I feel, if on a road trip, those that need higher than 94 would be SOL. So it puts things as more of a true "street truck." I do know what u mean tho.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel the same way. spray is fine but if you can't fill up at any local gas station, then it's not a street.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone that is talking about it must be a dd, how would you really know. Even if it had low miles they could say that they only live a mile from their job.

no slicks, I don't have an opinion on nitrous cause I've never ran it, liscensed and insured, full interior, no higher than 93, NO WHEELIE BAR lol Just a few, but I'm no racer that's just my opinion.

I think you should be able to take a computer and mess with your tune becuase you could have a bone stock car/truck and put only a tune on it.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was also thinking today, if you limit the power adders and say no supercharger or turbo then a Harley or Lighting or any of the diesels are no longer considered "street trucks". If the power adders come stock then, everyone should be able to run them as well. Just my opinion.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think long as they have a DOT inspection for each truck to say that it is street legal then make them go on a 50 mile cruise throw a city and who ever shows up back at the track after the cruise is allowed to race and who ever breaks down on the side of the road and needs a support vehicle is DSQ (cutting some slack if some body just had a flat tire or something that isn't associated with race modifications)
Old 10-24-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camochevy21
Everyone that is talking about it must be a dd, how would you really know. Even if it had low miles they could say that they only live a mile from their job.

no slicks, I don't have an opinion on nitrous cause I've never ran it, liscensed and insured, full interior, no higher than 93, NO WHEELIE BAR lol Just a few, but I'm no racer that's just my opinion.

I think you should be able to take a computer and mess with your tune becuase you could have a bone stock car/truck and put only a tune on it.
You can get 100 octane at pump. So if running meth i wont be able to race in the street class?
Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camochevy21
I was also thinking today, if you limit the power adders and say no supercharger or turbo then a Harley or Lighting or any of the diesels are no longer considered "street trucks". If the power adders come stock then, everyone should be able to run them as well. Just my opinion.
I still call those street trucks. Even on gas or if u added some form of F/I, it should be allowed if u drove in w/. it.

Dgrown, a 25 mile cruise is pretty good; 50mi would surely weed out the non "street."

53RUSSELL, can u get 100 octane @ any station, anywhere?
I don't mean @ track. IIRC, there's only a couple places around me that sell TurboBlue which u can't use w/. cats. 100 Unleaded I can't even get on street round here, even if I wanted.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The local track here has its only "gas station" that sells all types of race fuel and avation fuel so...
Old 10-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

daily driven, or driven on the weekend.s has to have all leagel documentation. inspection sticker, mufflers (cutout is fine),power adders are fine. DOT approved drag tires are fine,
have to drive in and out the gate
Old 10-26-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can't get 100 octane at the pumps where i'm from either, even at the track

Quick Reply: What is a street truck?