THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its going to be great for me. it will be the first time my entire family(grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) will be together since easter. im a family guy myself they mean a lot.

truck wise i am going to try as hard as possible to get the money together to have someone install my gears, find the time to switch out my front spacer, and i have been looking around for months for some used with decent tread a/t tires to fit my stockers to run in the winter, and detail the heck outta it so it has a good coat of wax on it for the winter.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flying the party animals to Vegas for 5 days of rock-star living. Limos, shows, clubs and good restaurants. Got a suite at the Pallazo. For a "working" holiday, it can't be beat!

Best part is, it won't cost me a cent.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by swift700
Flying the party animals to Vegas for 5 days of rock-star living. Limos, shows, clubs and good restaurants. Got a suite at the Pallazo. For a "working" holiday, it can't be beat!

Best part is, it won't cost me a cent.
Are you accepting applications?
Old 11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Are you accepting applications?
You need only apply if you specialize in liver transplants. The amount these guys drink is insane... I can't possibly keep up , though I've tried many times. They're 300lb oil patch guys.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Default On the menu!

Just got done doing all of our thanks giving shopping for the big day. We got up early to avoid the crowds and we were at the store by 6:30am. On the the main menu is a 20lb fresh butter ball deep fried turkey with a creole butter injection. A smoked herb crusted 12 lb certified Angus standing prime rib roast.

Sides will be stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry, black olives and deviled eggs. We will have salad for the rabbit food folks! Appetisers will be fresh shrimps, a veggie tray and also meat and cheese tray served up with some crackers. The deserts are being provided by my sister in law Michelle and my bother John. I believe they are bringing pies. We did get a coffee cake for anyone that gets here from out of town early and have plenty of milk and pop for the festivities.

If you haven't noticed I get pretty fired up over turkey day as it is the only holiday that I cook for the family. My family has all moved away so this is the one time a year I try to get them all together. I hope everyone has a good one!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Just got done doing all of our thanks giving shopping for the big day. We got up early to avoid the crowds and we were at the store by 6:30am. On the the main menu is a 20lb fresh butter ball deep fried turkey with a creole butter injection. A smoked herb crusted 12 lb certified Angus standing prime rib roast.

Sides will be stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry, black olives and deviled eggs. We will have salad for the rabbit food folks! Appetisers will be fresh shrimps, a veggie tray and also meat and cheese tray served up with some crackers. The deserts are being provided by my sister in law Michelle and my bother John. I believe they are bringing pies. We did get a coffee cake for anyone that gets here from out of town early and have plenty of milk and pop for the festivities.

If you haven't noticed I get pretty fired up over turkey day as it is the only holiday that I cook for the family. My family has all moved away so this is the one time a year I try to get them all together. I hope everyone has a good one!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

why did yall plan a trip on thanksgiving corey?

I'll be going from one family members house to another eating their food.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

I will be eating everything in sight
Old 11-21-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

going to the parents from when i get off till that Sun eat great food drink my dads beer lol maybe a lil street racing if i can find a challenge
Old 11-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
why did yall plan a trip on thanksgiving corey?

I'll be going from one family members house to another eating their food.
We always go on a trip during thanksgiving since her parents live in colorado and are divorced we were having to choose 3 options either of her parents or my family. Whomever we did not choose got pissed so we said screw it and we go on vacation. If any of them want to celebrate with us they are welcome to come. Her sister is meeting us down in mexico with 3 of her friends. So me with 5 ladies and alot of drinking should be interesting.

Quick Reply: Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving???