THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

when someone asks you to drive your truck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default when someone asks you to drive your truck...

How do you react?? someone asked to take mine to the store a little while ago because his is iin the shop. I know he's respectful and all but I dont know how much I trust someone driving my vehicle with $15K in mods around... I just dont think it sits well with me.

I have just found myself being more and more particular with it lately. I dont want to be rude about it...

how do you guys handle it.... discuss
Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

laugh and say no
Old 05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My GF's brother asked me that a couple weeks ago...I couldn't really say no so I suggested a different way for him to get where he was going. I don't trust him with it though.

All you really have to do is say no. I usually throw in something about how it's modified and I don't even feel comfortable with other gear-heads driving it.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friends are afraid the drive it for some reason.... probably cuz they know if they break it i will be pissed.... and the urge to put it to the floor is just to overwhelming.... hell i ask my buddy if he wanted to take it down the track.... and he said no... maybe its not as cool as i think it is
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two people who drive my truck. Myself and my girlfriend. You guys may think that I'm an idiot for letting my girlfriend drive my truck, but half the time she returns it to me with a full tank of gas or washes it for me. She knows how **** I am about it too, so she babies the **** outta it.

Other than that, I don't think anybody could even drive my truck. It has a couple idle issues so I don't even know if someone could get it outta the parking lot if they tried to drive it.

EDIT- If they don't know anything about cars, then just tell them that your manifold compressor went out so it's really hard to drive.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i absolutly hate letting anybody drive my truck.. even my mom.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Import Moderator

i would just suggest helping them with what they need (run to home depot or w/e), if that doesnt work then tell them no, i would... if you cant let me drive my truck with you in it to wherever you gotta go then you dont need it that bad... only person i let drive mine is the wifey
Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

the only time i let my girlfriend drive is when im plastered...then she pisses me off because she wont stomp it when i tell her to lol. im the little devil in the passenger seat sayin "peel out! floor it! what the **** is wrong with you! do it now!!!!"

she resists the peer pressure
Old 05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

I love letting my fiancee' drive it. She goes hauling butt all over the place lol. I dunno if she'll be able to handle the cammed 6.0 though....

Other than that I let my friends drive it if they need it, but then again my truck is pretty stock right now so it's fairly boring to drive.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
the only time i let my girlfriend drive is when im plastered...then she pisses me off because she wont stomp it when i tell her to lol. im the little devil in the passenger seat sayin "peel out! floor it! what the **** is wrong with you! do it now!!!!"

she resists the peer pressure
Haha...you just described me and my girlfriend!!

Quick Reply: when someone asks you to drive your truck...