THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

when someone asks you to drive your truck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there two thing you don't let anyone drive your truck and your girl
Old 05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

The keys are in mine now. Take it for a spin. If something breaks ... it obviously needed to be upgraded.

Best way to get to drive my truck...Ask me if I'd like to go to (( hooters ))and you'll be my DD
Old 05-09-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of my friends know me enough to just not ask to drive it... They know if they need it I'll help them with anything though. I let my girlfriend drive it before because she pulled the "you love your truck more than me" line... I didn't answer her lol, I just diffused the situation and said I'd let her drive it. She drove it hard into a couple corners but wouldn't really get on it any. When it came time to switch seats back she didn't want to. Go figure.

Other than that I've let maybe only 2 or 3 people drive it really, and that was just so they could feel what it was like when they were talking about mods they wanted to do to their trucks.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have had my truck just made 2 years. wifey has driven it live 6 times maybe. she hates driving my truck she says its too big. her tahoe is cool. but she has PINK chevy chic stickers on the back. so i usually stay out of her driver seat. we drive our own trucks so it works out great. tell whomever wants to drive you r truck hell no. thats why i dont borrow anything from anybody. if they break it then what? SORRY?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

I let my friend drive my truck once because I was way too drunk to drive but other than that one time, no one else usually drives my truck. I did however convince my girlfriend at the time to drive it down the street and that was funny. everyone in a while when I am home my mom takes it to the bus for work but it's worth it because that day I get to drive her S2000, talk about cornering
Old 05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If someone asks to drive my truck, I throw them the keys and tell them not to kill anyone....My finance drives it all the time and leaves me her 4.8 ECSB.....

Its just a truck for cryin out loud.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

heres list of people ive let drive my truck.

Joe (touchofevil04)
Matt (white1)
Ross, i think (02white6.0)
Nick (Nick) lol

I can trust them enough to drive it.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DLH2006
heres list of people ive let drive my truck.

Joe (touchofevil04)
Matt (white1)
Ross, i think (02white6.0)
Nick (Nick) lol

I can trust them enough to drive it.

My List:
-My dad
-My Brother in law
-My roomate that ive been buddies with since high school, hell i drive his cammed/stalled 5.3 around sometimes.
-DLH2006 - if u could drive a M6 id let ya take a shot at the camaro, ive ridden with you too many times and i know you can drive.

Thats pretty much it, im VERY picky about my car as I was my truck.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't let no one drive my truck. Its for the very reason that if you get in a car accident you have no one to blame but yourself or the person that caused the accident.

If a friend drives it you get in the whole situation of them saying sorry and that's it vs you making them pay and the whole awkward situation (is that how you spell awkward cause it looks weird).

Also I won't even let my family members drive it anymore. While I was oversea's I left it with my parents expecting it to be taken care of. They put like 6K miles on it and the oil was black when I got it back... what looked like cancer was growing all over her! And I let my brother borrow it once to pick up an engine hoist and he had it the WHOLLLLLE damn day and returned it to my dad with an empty tank (was a full tank)..

I just don't trust no one..
Old 05-09-2007, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

no one drives my truck but me. once in a while when i have too much to drink and i'm driving that night, i will allow a sober friend to drive it. under the watchful eye of me of course.

Quick Reply: when someone asks you to drive your truck...