THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Why for the last 5 years Im the ONLY one who works on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

New construction nuke plant up in North Carolina somewhere. Ill be working for my dads company, they finally decided to start their own company and cut out the middle men, and my dads business partner(and obviously my dad) wants me to be in charge of their foundation construction. Ill be doing exactly what I do now but a rather large pay increase. Im going to wait til after the first of the year to make my decision though, still a lot of details to work out and I dont know how I feel about living in SEC country again, and thats also pretty close to Scotts youtube performing girlfriend
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Yeah I heard that guy is a douchebag

lmao. that fugger stripped both of them too (hold the pressure side fitting above the oil filter)

I went to a bolt specialty shop and was pretty impressed with the **** they had to fix it.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

New construction nuke plant up in North Carolina somewhere. Ill be working for my dads company, they finally decided to start their own company and cut out the middle men, and my dads business partner(and obviously my dad) wants me to be in charge of their foundation construction. Ill be doing exactly what I do now but a rather large pay increase. Im going to wait til after the first of the year to make my decision though, still a lot of details to work out and I dont know how I feel about living in SEC country again, and thats also pretty close to Scotts youtube performing girlfriend
You don't have to worry about learning how football is played in NC. That's ACC country there.

Cody Jr made it here yet?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
You don't have to worry about learning how football is played in NC. That's ACC country there.

Cody Jr made it here yet?
Hell no, apparently he likes in there as much as I do
Old 09-21-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

LMAO!!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Some people swear by keeping that thing in operation. One guy at work said that with both his kids, his wife went into labor the night of or day after knockin boots.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 PM

Well she is 3 days late on her due date, shes been reading all the tips to induce labor and thats one of the big things, you do the math as to what we're doing

Im damn sure ready for him to get here, everything is on hold waiting for his ***. Im going to give him a stern talking to when he gets here
Old 09-21-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just hope you don't put an eye out. Lol
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Jamie went over a week late before they induced. They say the first one being late is common.
After my 9 months experience of being a dad and seeing what other's have done, i'll give you this.
-Don't be afraid to get them out of the house. If you like to go, drag him with you. It won't be tramatic to load them up in the car seat later. Wyatt was 7 days old when we had him at the store and out to eat. He's already learned how to act and not to in restaurants I believe compared to others. Time will tell though LOL!
-You will have more time the first 6 weeks than later so get **** done. He'll just eat and sleep at first. We sat around just waiting on the next thing to happen when we could have been doing **** around the house. Even vacuuming under ours wouldn't wake him up. I think getting them used to normal noises in the house early will help them not be a light sleeper later. (which can be hell if they are from friends' experience)
-2-4 months or so they'll be up more and require more attention from you.
-4 months they start responding more and interacting and it gets fun.
Wyatt just keeps getting more fun each day. Get your projects done in the first 4 months because you won't want to work on them after that. All I do is come home and get in the floor with him now.
-Get a good baby monitor. Ours is about the size of a blackberry and has a good sized screen on it (Summer brand I think). It doesn't reach very far though. It will reach about as far as a cheap cordless house phone. Which is over most of my 1/2 acre lot.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats why i try and do everything i can possible my self. Even if that means asking for help or buying a new tool

Quick Reply: Why for the last 5 years Im the ONLY one who works on my truck