THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Why Quick is always right and the world is always wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastrt
true, they put them in isuzu cab overs up till 03', and motor homes too(big block)

I dont have much to add, except for a blank stare when I try to explain what "tuning" my truck is.

Don't you love it when you explain that the tune is done with a laptop, and they comeback with.. "We'll I have a 4 inch screen".
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned

I get a lot of hating toward the truck because people just can't understand why you'd lower a 4x4, of course I try to explain it's like awd only better cause I can choose when I want it or not.

I also cant see how these trucks have been out since 99 and people still don't know it's a whole different motor platform.

But the hardest problem I have is explaining to people how you can tune a chevy. They just don't get it, its just over their head.

Had a kid the other day tell me he wanted to decrank his keys like I did for a few inches, when I told him he had coil springs he was like na they're under there somewhere....
Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Banned

No one believes me about the chevy lean.....
Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

i believe, and corrected mine
Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine leaned nasty when i first put the 4/6 on it. Had to put a 1in coil spacer on the driver side and it fixed it right up
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

^shackle on passengr side fixed mine.

had a dude today ask me what kind of exhaust I had, i told him corsa with a turndown, he told me i needed some glasspacks or flowmasters for better performance. I got in truck, closed the door, and left two skids by the highway. Flowmaster, what a joke.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by f4tal
Mine leaned nasty when i first put the 4/6 on it. Had to put a 1in coil spacer on the driver side and it fixed it right up
You know, Ive had my chevy for a year and Ive noticed it the whole time. I actually thought i was crazy. But now i have confirmation. Thank you.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sik02
^shackle on passengr side fixed mine.

had a dude today ask me what kind of exhaust I had, i told him corsa with a turndown, he told me i needed some glasspacks or flowmasters for better performance. I got in truck, closed the door, and left two skids by the highway. Flowmaster, what a joke.
I have so many friends I went to college with that swear by a flowmaster! I try to explain to them that my magnaflow and straight thru muffin is better...but no when they talk about performance I am the one that is wrong!!!
So I just bite my lip not to call them dumb(not just about muff's either)
Old 09-03-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a guy telling me if you tried to start a vehicle and it didnt on the first try, if you crank it again the engine would run backwards and if you put in gear the vehicle would move backwards no matter what gear you set it in. The correct way to do it was if it didnt start on the first try let it 10mins before trying to start it again I had been trying not lo laugh at the customer with all the other bs he was telling me but that one I couldnt hold it anymore
Old 09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

there actually is some truth to the engine running back wards . old 2 stroke diesel engine can and do this , hard to notice to too unless you actually know what it is.

Quick Reply: Why Quick is always right and the world is always wrong...