THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Why Quick is always right and the world is always wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
there actually is some truth to the engine running back wards . old 2 stroke diesel engine can and do this , hard to notice to too unless you actually know what it is.
Did that on a tractor at work once, stalled at the top of a mulch pile, and rolled backwards in gear. Started itself back up, and the intake became the exhaust.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous is going to melt the rings and/or a hole in a piston. No matter what.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
Did that on a tractor at work once, stalled at the top of a mulch pile, and rolled backwards in gear. Started itself back up, and the intake became the exhaust.
Very true..
Old 09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
I nvr knew that could happen! look-a-here..guess ya learn new stuff everyday...Maybe I should put a K&N on my exhaust incase that happens!

I told a friend of mine who was the Mayors son(been sheltered his whole life) that you can go to Big 10 or autozone and get a chrome muffler bearing so the air would spin and make more power(I being a total smartass). My buddy at Big 10 calls me and says did you send Jordan up here to really buy a chrome muffler bearing....haha....He took me serious and tried to get one.

Last edited by NightmareTahoe; 09-03-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Had a old 86 model Yammy 125 2stroke. Went to start it one day, it kicked back on me and as a reflex I just stabbed the kickstart again, motor fired, I let it warm up.
Tossed it onto second and got into it. WTF Bike went backwards right into garage wall!
I didnt know wtf just happend and all my buddies was spittin and chokin on beer!

As precation I always let the engine stop turning after a 2 stroke kickback, before kicking it again! LOL
Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ezdaar
Had a old 86 model Yammy 125 2stroke. Went to start it one day, it kicked back on me and as a reflex I just stabbed the kickstart again, motor fired, I let it warm up.
Tossed it onto second and got into it. WTF Bike went backwards right into garage wall!
I didnt know wtf just happend and all my buddies was spittin and chokin on beer!

As precation I always let the engine stop turning after a 2 stroke kickback, before kicking it again! LOL
WTF...haha
Old 09-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I was told that facing your twin turbo air intake filters towards each other in the engine bay will cause the turbos to fight each other for air can make it harder to create boost...
Old 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I was told that facing your twin turbo air intake filters towards each other in the engine bay will cause the turbos to fight each other for air can make it harder to create boost...
I thought that was funny too!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:35 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have yet to prove it otherwise
Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now thats some funny **** right there.

Quick Reply: Why Quick is always right and the world is always wrong...