THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wife wants me to sell my stuff and get a Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, call me what you want, but my wife doesn't tell me what to do. They day she decides to tell me what to do is the day she can pack her stuff up and leave. I made that point to her very clear when we met. But I don't boss my wife around like some personal slave either, she has a mind of her own.

I would keep your truck, and finish a project. You can't tell me that when she rides around in the boat with you in the future she won't have a big grin on her face. Very few women in the world can be angry and on the water at the same time.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
My silverado down due to the tranny going out. 3/4 burn is my guess. But its going to get taken care of this week.
I am literally $2,000 away from getting my 6.0 installed and rest of the add ons, this is why I am not sure what to do. ...
Have u told her that?
Not sure what to do?! Get rid of her instead!
No monthly payment is the most reasonable idea out of all this. I agree, & the Tunda is an ugly !

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Why is your wife telling you what to do on something like this?

Im married and talk everything over with my wife on big purchases but she knows better than to tell me what to do with my truck. Ive never understood this part of some people's relationship dynamic...
Simple answer: His truck is down, incomplete, so she sees it as an issue. OP, ever heard, "That old piece of junk will never run?"

Cody, you've got a reasonable, good woman.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since I have had several problems in the past, she feels like I deserve a new truck, instead of fixing mine / upgrade the parts. This is the shortest route to not have any more problems car wise.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I said, ...just diffferent words.
So goin to a Toyota is the solution? Has Toyota had any problems as of late? Sure she loves you?

It'll cost u far more than $2K to pay off & get more pymts. to deal w/.

2 of the best moments, among others, in my life...when I paid off my Harley, so I could then pay off my truck. #2 was payin off truck. It'll make your life sooo much easier.
What happens when she wants to redo a part of the house or needs something, that a potentially new pymt coulkd get in the way of?

Last edited by fastnblu; 05-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea keep the truck! Let her take it to wal-mart when it's done! My wife loves driving my truck! She'll even race if u act the butt on the side of her lol
Old 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha, thats why I was thinking about a sierra, all those defective floor mats and all
Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Maybe she just took out a huge life insurance policy on you and wants you to buy the Tundra. LOL. Sorry

If she just wants you to have a new truck try to talk her into a new Sierra 6.2L. If not keep what you got.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by l33z71
maybe she just took out a huge life insurance policy on you and wants you to buy the tundra. Lol. Sorry
lmao :d,
Old 05-04-2010, 12:28 AM
12 Second Truck Club

pasedenaman, their is nothing wrong with a tundra, they are nice trucks that are built pretty damn strong. Yes toyota had a problem, yes they halted everything to fix it unlike any other manufactuer EVER. The only bad thing with the yota's is the lack of tuning support. All in all stick with a chevy cause Im bias towards them lol
Old 05-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Banned

well at least she suggested you buy it rather than she buy it. my cousins wife bought him a titan (we are all big chevy people) and got him a 600 dollar note....then she goes and buys herself a CTS caddy, 08, with another 800 dollar note. so, after **** went south finally cause she lives beyond their means, she gets the truck and her parents pay for it, he has to keep the caddy with the 800 note and cant pay it.....last week he gave it back to the bank. credit fucked, divorce, life in shambles. thats what you get when a 27 yr old dame dont know her place.

btw, my wife knows better than to EVER suggest anything other than a chevy.....just sayin lol

Quick Reply: Wife wants me to sell my stuff and get a Tundra