THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wife wants me to sell my stuff and get a Tundra

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyota, moving forward whether you like it or not.
Toyota, Once you drive one, you just can't stop.
Sorry I had to... I say keep with the current truck and see it through to the end or buy the 6.2. I have seen some nice looking Tundras, but I know they have too much money warped up in them to look nice. At least the Sierras and Silverados look nice right off the dealer lot and have better aftermarket support.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

I agree with the no new note thing. We have over $4K worth of bills each month and I still manage to blow another $800-$1300 monthly on stuff....be it stuff for house, yard, stuff for truck, just stuff. and thats just myself. Luckily we make good money and can do that, but if you aint "rollin in tha dough" as they say, a new note is not the solution. In a perfect world we'd put money back into savings but when you got a lot of hobbies like me, it aint really happenin.

If you have the mechanical skills that it sounds like you do, there should be no question that you can make your silverado last. My wife rarely gets on my case because she knows I can do just about anything I set my mind to do, if I'm interested enough. bottom line-New note and ins means no free money for mods, surprise expenses, vacations, etc.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Why is your wife telling you what to do on something like this?

Im married and talk everything over with my wife on big purchases but she knows better than to tell me what to do with my truck. Ive never understood this part of some people's relationship dynamic...
10000000000% agreed.

TELL me whats for dinner,

TELL me about your day,

don't even think about telling me what do with my truck.

Damn broads. Sell my truck, only because there is a new Z06 in its parking spot.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
I agree with the no new note thing. We have over $4K worth of bills each month and I still manage to blow another $800-$1300 monthly on stuff....be it stuff for house, yard, stuff for truck, just stuff. and thats just myself. Luckily we make good money and can do that, but if you aint "rollin in tha dough" as they say, a new note is not the solution. In a perfect world we'd put money back into savings but when you got a lot of hobbies like me, it aint really happenin.

If you have the mechanical skills that it sounds like you do, there should be no question that you can make your silverado last. My wife rarely gets on my case because she knows I can do just about anything I set my mind to do, if I'm interested enough. bottom line-New note and ins means no free money for mods, surprise expenses, vacations, etc.

I hear you on the $ we pull in about $6k a month and $2700 in bills, the rest is being eaten or spend on house stuff, plants, clothe. This was a good exercise to start tracking every $ we spend.... Only after I have my truck project done...

As long as it does not involve internal engine work I am ok with an assist from my father. I have a friend that can help me with the tuff stuff. Or I can just contact some of the members here that live in the Houston area and get things done. I am not afraid to pay to get somthing done right.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a new wife.

Problem solved.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Her sister just got married, dang and shes hot too
Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue2003ls
Toyota, moving forward whether you like it or not.
Toyota, Once you drive one, you just can't stop.
Sorry I had to... I say keep with the current truck and see it through to the end or buy the 6.2. ...At least the Sierras and Silverados look nice right off the dealer lot and have better aftermarket support.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
Her sister just got married, dang and shes hot too
I also liked your comment, "This was a good exercise to start tracking every $ we spend.... Only after I have my truck project done."

Foxxer, u said Toyota doesn't manf. Tundra's in Japan, but here in U.S. Cause they know how trucks sell in U.S., so they wanted a piece of the pie.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
I hear you on the $ we pull in about $6k a month and $2700 in bills, the rest is being eaten or spend on house stuff, plants, clothe. This was a good exercise to start tracking every $ we spend.... Only after I have my truck project done...

As long as it does not involve internal engine work I am ok with an assist from my father. I have a friend that can help me with the tuff stuff. Or I can just contact some of the members here that live in the Houston area and get things done. I am not afraid to pay to get somthing done right.

coming from someone who just got back into a 550 payment.... do i miss not having one, of course. do i regret the new 6.2, HECK no! but i have a little more to spare after bills to justify it. i already pay about 250 over on the payment and plan on doubling up on it after this year(got some house projects i'm doing now) i dont like having the payment at all but it sure is nice being back into a nice new vehicle... especially a 6.2.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:28 AM
formerly ByuTrukFreak

I say you've got a good head on your shoulders, u want to pay off your house and her vehicle. Every time u free up money don't let it get lost in the shuffle actually do something with it. Don't forget to pay yourself first, you need savings, an emergency fund also, money u can put and take in an emergency. You do need to have some stuff financed because if u pay cash for everything ur credit score will drop. That's why I bought a new Camaro, and kept my truck too. LOL
Old 05-09-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

You can tell your wifey that this woman would steer far away from the Tundra. You're going to be stuck going back to the damn stealership for BS recalls.

Quick Reply: Wife wants me to sell my stuff and get a Tundra