THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wifes 4runner got broken into at dinner tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wifes 4runner got broken into at dinner tonight...

Well as some of you may know, my family here in CT hasnt had the best of luck with vehicle vandalism. Mine and my brother in laws truck were keyed a few months back at our complex, and in a different town (Orange, CT) we were enjoying dinner at Olive Garden and when we came out her drivers side window was broken and they stole a crappy tomtom GPS and went through the center console...We havent been able to catch a break since we moved up here but worse things could have happened.

On a side not, I have no clue how people go day to day with a garbage bag as a window...that **** is freaking loud.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are having some rough times up there, sorry to hear about everything.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Time for the auto-cameras... sorry that you're dealing with that crap.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I dunno what the hell is going on...I have the cameras at the complex but I am hoping this is just one of those shitty things that happens everyonce in a while...still pretty messed up, 3 out of 3 vehicles in our household have been messed with
Old 01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they sell cheap home video servillanice camera i would catch the son of a bitches. i would kill me if some didnt that to my ****. sorry i hear that happen.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was the TomTom out in the open for everyone to see? If so, I don't have much sympathy, sorry. Either way, it still sucks for somebody to break in and there's no excuse for somebody to do it.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

the suction cup was up but the tom tom was under the seat, the wire was still plugged in though...Im not perfect but I thought it would be better than nothing
Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear about this. My brother had his dodge broken into from the rear window to steal a gps unit also. The second time they broke into, same window, was to get either mount or cable they left behind apparently. Why people must result to this, is pathetic. But what goes around, comes around. Hope you catch a break.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Def sucks, that stuff happens man and its worse that your 3 for 3 now with stupid chit like this! Honestly best bet would be alarm, DARK window tint!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackLM7
Was the TomTom out in the open for everyone to see? If so, I don't have much sympathy, sorry. Either way, it still sucks for somebody to break in and there's no excuse for somebody to do it.
That's a shitty way to look at it. We'll see how you feel when your rims get stolen off your truck because you didn't take them off every night.

No one deserves any of it. Of course there are ways to prevent it, but it's not like he left the car unlocked with the keys inside.

Quick Reply: Wifes 4runner got broken into at dinner tonight...