THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wormy guy working out, Trying to get bigger...help

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Looks like youre doing a circuit workout. Which is a good method for being in shape. Not really good for building mass. But if you keep up what you're doing and eat like everyone has suggested, you'll see improvements. One day you'll walk past a mirror and be like "Wtf? Is that me?"

I read you're skipping legs. And I think you're making a mistake. At first, the lifts suck *** when hitting legs. But it pays off, and is worth the effort. A man with a strong back and set of legs will move a meathead aside with a strong upper body with toothpick legs. If you keep up with it, you'll see, I said almost the same exact thing you did at first.

IMO, I think you should do this. Couture uses 95lbs, which is fkn insane hard. I used an olympic bar, kicked my *** repeatedly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpPHlDUC0Y

I wouldn't **** with all the stacker supplements. A good, low cholesterol whey protein is what you need. 10% is the lowest I've seen. You don't need a shake with 50g of protein either. Its a waste. Your body is going to only absorb so much. The rest is going to the sewer. There is also a protein powder you can take at night that helps muscle recovery while you sleep.

And yes, all the extra eating will give you trumpet *** like a ****.

Don't eat soy protein, it raises estrogen levels, and will give you bitch ****.

yeah that looks pretty good. I basically do that kind of thing but I am swapping different machines, weights etc. I will try something like this. find a good weight that I can do everything with. 95 lbs is NOT my number lol.
Maybe justa bar like you say. I really got to get my strength up in my arms before i can do this kind of workout. Im gettin there but its a slow go because i was and am very weak and not much muscle at all.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To gain muscle and weight you must consume more clories in the day than you burn. I do my cutting cycle about the end of Jan and then try to pack on the lbs around end of Sept.
Someone said 5 meals a day. This is correct, It spikes your metabolism and actually burns fat during the day when you are doing no activities. Fruits are a good snack that fill you up due to the water solubility. To gain weight I eat a peanut butter sandwich before and after every work out on wheat bread. Def watch your creatine intake bc that could cause you to just be retaining water over your muscle you are building.
Talapia is the safest and best fish for a lean diet. Chicken is the number one food in your diet. The hardest part is consuming these so called diet foods with enough calories. I would say your build should consist of eating 2300-2500 calories a day to gain weight. I am 5'11" 190 and when I am trying to gain I eat nearly 2800 daily and It makes me feel sick just because we are smaller guys.
What kind of protein are you taking? I take muscle milk mixed with a weight gainer after my workouts( these are considered whey proteins). Your oatmeals, nuts and fruit will keep you lean and your meats such as talapia and tuna and red meat maybe once a week will help you pack on some lbs.

As for working out...You should isolate each body part instead of trying to do a circuit workout...bc that just burns fat and keeps you thin

try these complimentary muscle groups...they act with one another to help the other grow.
chest and tris together
back and bis
legs help gain lots of weight...50% of your body!!!
shoulders and traps

I hope this helped...

The protein you take at night is slow burning and its a casine protein...you can find it at like gnc

Last edited by NightmareTahoe; 09-15-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

also i know this matters, I want to get a well rounded looking body, low fat, cut, nothing big or crazy strong.
This is all im going for really. Nothing crazy
http://www.chestmuscles.net/images/chest-muscles.jpg
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Your not going to look nasty unless you get on some that comes in a vile or a little pink triangle pill.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NightmareTahoe
To gain muscle and weight you must consume more clories in the day than you burn. I do my cutting cycle about the end of Jan and then try to pack on the lbs around end of Sept.
Someone said 5 meals a day. This is correct, It spikes your metabolism and actually burns fat during the day when you are doing no activities. Fruits are a good snack that fill you up due to the water solubility. To gain weight I eat a peanut butter sandwich before and after every work out on wheat bread. Def watch your creatine intake bc that could cause you to just be retaining water over your muscle you are building.
Talapia is the safest and best fish for a lean diet. Chicken is the number one food in your diet. The hardest part is consuming these so called diet foods with enough calories. I would say your build should consist of eating 2300-2500 calories a day to gain weight. I am 5'11" 190 and when I am trying to gain I eat nearly 2800 daily and It makes me feel sick just because we are smaller guys.
What kind of protein are you taking? I take muscle milk mixed with a weight gainer after my workouts( these are considered whey proteins). Your oatmeals, nuts and fruit will keep you lean and your meats such as talapia and tuna and red meat maybe once a week will help you pack on some lbs.

As for working out...You should isolate each body part instead of trying to do a circuit workout...bc that just burns fat and keeps you thin

try these complimentary muscle groups...they act with one another to help the other grow.
chest and tris together
back and bis
legs help gain lots of weight...50% of your body!!!
shoulders and traps

I hope this helped...

The protein you take at night is slow burning and its a casine protein...you can find it at like gnc
Usually I drink a syntha 6 after every workout. it has 40 grams protein. I ran out of powder and ill pick some up next couple of days. I actually need to burn some fat and cut then build up I think. I dont seem to be cutting any fat off my belly by doing what im doing.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

well what i mean is I dont have these goals that will take lots of training and muscle gain to achieve. That picture is all im looking for. Its medium if not a little on the small side. Most people who workout get much bigger than that. I only care to have a natural muscle build that I dont genetically have. Im working on it, its coming, i just gotta keep my head in it.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

No matter what ANYONE tells you...Abs are made in the kitchen...
Its all what you eat! It took me years to figure that out. I would read those magazines that say do these excersize and you will get ripped! BS!'

Eat very very lean...and I mean like cut your sugars and carbs to practically nothing! And eat unsaturated fats when cooking...no butter use veg oil..etc...it all adds up.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
well what i mean is I dont have these goals that will take lots of training and muscle gain to achieve. That picture is all im looking for. Its medium if not a little on the small side. Most people who workout get much bigger than that. I only care to have a natural muscle build that I dont genetically have. Im working on it, its coming, i just gotta keep my head in it.
Looks like you got it figured out...see you didnt need any advice!

Its all down to a science and self control
Old 09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

this http://www.chestmuscles.net/images/chest-muscles.jpg

Not this http://2buildmusclefast.info/wp-cont...01/muscles.jpg

I dont wanna be unrealistic. I mean if I start seeing the second as a possibility im going for it but Thats a far cry from what i see in front of me.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Your not gonna look like number 2 without having that as a job...those guys that do that get payed to diet and train 24/7...They dont look like that 365 either

Quick Reply: Wormy guy working out, Trying to get bigger...help