THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wormy guy working out, Trying to get bigger...help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn you are trying to gain weight and im trying loose it!! Lol
Old 09-16-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Im trying to gain because Im 5'10" and I weighed 135-145 for the past several years. I have a boney chest, frog leg arms and a fatty little belly. Boney back and itas all not sexy.

Also, maybe this makes sense but I have solid abs, but they are still staying covered up with my belly fat. Like if I were to lose my belly fat i would have a killer set of abs. The muscle is there, I can feel it but its not shining thru.

Since working out I have gained to 152-155lbs but I know a good solid weight for me is probably 165-170 lbs. With less fat and more muscle.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0

Also, maybe this makes sense but I have solid abs, but they are still staying covered up with my belly fat. Like if I were to lose my belly fat i would have a killer set of abs. The muscle is there, I can feel it but its not shining thru.
I think everyone has muscular abs under their belly fat!

Like someone said a few posts back...the hard part is gaining the muscle. Once you are thickening up...then take your diet down and kill cardio and abs! You will see results better that way...Remember, for every one day you take off...it takes to to make it back up...(just an idea to let marinate)
Old 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

took my honeymoon this weekend. Went to Orlando to visit universal and islands of adventure. Ate whatever the hell I wanted. I mean i really fell off. Hard Rock Cafe twice, super greasy park food...few beer here and there. Lots of walking though. I figured maybe it would even it out....but.......

Got to the gym this morning...and i weighed... I GAINED 5 lbs SINCE LAST THURSDAY! HOLY ****!

Ok so I guess the walked 3-10 miles each day friday, saturday and sunday did not cancel out my eating. and NO i dont have to ****. Oh well. at least it was pretty awesome.

Thats one way to "Bulk Up" I guess
Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
took my honeymoon this weekend. Went to Orlando to visit universal and islands of adventure. Ate whatever the hell I wanted. I mean i really fell off. Hard Rock Cafe twice, super greasy park food...few beer here and there. Lots of walking though. I figured maybe it would even it out....but.......

Got to the gym this morning...and i weighed... I GAINED 5 lbs SINCE LAST THURSDAY! HOLY ****!

Ok so I guess the walked 3-10 miles each day friday, saturday and sunday did not cancel out my eating. and NO i dont have to ****. Oh well. at least it was pretty awesome.

Thats one way to "Bulk Up" I guess
Congrats on the wedding! Me weight fluxuates like that too..I can have a party weekend back at college visiting my friends and drink all weekend and sometimes gain 6-8lbs and sometimes i would have lost the same amount! its crazy
Old 09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Back on the Tuna, Salmon, whole grain diet...Yummy. God that 10oz Legend Burger at Hard Rock was awesome.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

Its working guys.

I have started to focus more on what im doing in the gym instead of trying to hit evry machine and lift till i cant no more. Also, im pushing myself harder to the point where I actually get to sweating and wet my shirt pretty good. Previously I guess I just wasnt trying hard enough.

two weeks ago I weighed 152, I have continued to eat like crazy and work out every other day. This morning I weighed 158. I havent weighed 158 since i was a chubby little kid in 10th grade.
I can tell my belly fat is melting off slowly but surely. and thats is one of my huge goals.

I bought some more whey the other day that i used to drink twice a day when i started working out. I loved it then but i have had some serious trouble choking it down lately. i dont know why.
Anyways, eating alot and often and going harder is working. I see now that its harder than i thought to change your body in the RIGHT direction anyways. It takes alot of drive and discipline. I have never had a problem getting up at 5:30 to go work out but pushing myself to go harder and longer has been my issue, But now, FINALLY seeing something happen is making it a little easier.

Ill keep ya posted.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Another way to "choke down" the shakes is to make a smoothie or a shake.
My favorite is peanut butter smoothie.. If ya like peanut butter

I get carb smart ice cream..2scoops, 1scoop whey protein, 3 tbs of peanut butter, 1tbs vanilla extract...blend til thick and milky....aw man its heaven!!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

I love PB. I got to start bringing it with me so I can mix it and drink it right after my workout. Otherwise its not cold once Im ready to drink it.

Cool, thanks for the tip.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

do you drink it with milk or water?

Quick Reply: Wormy guy working out, Trying to get bigger...help