THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Wormy guy working out, Trying to get bigger...help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, I sit behide a desk for 8-11 hours 5 days a week. My activity is going to the gym and the never often enough "at home" workouts.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baSICK5.0
honestly I have been considering it. I dont wanna hurt myself in any way but Im not above cheating to get more gains. Sorry purists im not perfect.
Ive been there and done that when I was in college some. It helped me when I plateau'd in some areas but I didnt abuse it. I believe in moderation its ok so you wont totally throw off your test levels. Ive seen first hand(my roommate in college) addiction to not just working out but the gains from working out. After I hooked him up with a buddy of mine that sold some stuff and he started seeing results his whole demeniar changed. He was never satisfied, he got real mean and kept on and kept on until he looked nasty...Thats when It gets dangerous not taking an off cycle(it could kill your liver and possibly your manhood). He hid it from his gf at the time and now wife and last I heard he was still doing it behind her back.

I guess what I am saying is..If you do anything, please do research first bc It can get addicting fast. When you first see gains from it you will think.."oh that felt good" and keep on going up in mg's and peak out your test levels where when you come off(if you do) you cant make a gain without anything injected.

Judging by how you were describing yourself I was there at one time and I gained very slow and I tried test250(mild) stacked with decca300 for my joints. I put on a solid 20lbs of hard muscle and took a year off before I did anything else(medicine related )
Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

I got ya. Im gonna continue to eat like a horse and push myself. Ive got to be able to keep gaining, no reason not too. Im just impatient and honestly I probably am not doing but 50% of the physical that I should to get where I want to be.

I appreciate the advise because you probably just talked me out of it. It seems like such an easy fix but truely if my effort was as strong as my WANT then i would probably already be there.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yea its all about educating yourself...Thats when I was impatient and young! haha

Just think..3500calories=1 lb.
Do the math you eat over +3500 calories a day and you've gained 1.x lbs
The opposite to lose weight...
Old 09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yea its all about educating yourself...Thats when I was impatient and young! haha

Just think..3500calories=1 lb.
Do the math you eat over +3500 calories a day and you've gained 1.x lbs
The opposite to lose weight...
Old 09-29-2010, 04:34 PM

wow good to see ur gaining mass, on the other i hand i wanna lose weight and get build but due to an accident i couldnt do anything and lets just say my body has gained 56lbs in 1 year from 164 to 220 which is not good i wanna know any tips how i can cut down the weight and get lean and cut again i go to the gym everyday after work and workout for 2 hrs which i think 10 hrs a weeks is good for loosing weight and working out my muscles i do extreme cardio and weights but havent really noticed any improvements i eat only tilapia, chicken, tuna, on wheat bread and only water no coke, beer or koolaid should i be taking anything else to achieve my goals?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 4.8dis
wow good to see ur gaining mass, on the other i hand i wanna lose weight and get build but due to an accident i couldnt do anything and lets just say my body has gained 56lbs in 1 year from 164 to 220 which is not good i wanna know any tips how i can cut down the weight and get lean and cut again i go to the gym everyday after work and workout for 2 hrs which i think 10 hrs a weeks is good for loosing weight and working out my muscles i do extreme cardio and weights but havent really noticed any improvements i eat only tilapia, chicken, tuna, on wheat bread and only water no coke, beer or koolaid should i be taking anything else to achieve my goals?
Sounds to me like your on the right track...losing weight is primarily in the kitchen but what you are saying you are eating is correct. How long have you been doing cardio? Dont just get on a treadmill and do a consistant speed. Do intervals with like more tension..(walk on 3.5 and 7-8%incline) to warm up then (jog at a reasonable pace) do that for 15 min. (your body only starts to burn fat after the first 15 min. So 10 min cardio will not suffice) Then try the bike or an eliptical and they should have interval training on the settings for a few more min. and just build up your stamina.

What have you been doing for cardio?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by NightmareTahoe
Sounds to me like your on the right track...losing weight is primarily in the kitchen but what you are saying you are eating is correct. How long have you been doing cardio? Dont just get on a treadmill and do a consistant speed. Do intervals with like more tension..(walk on 3.5 and 7-8%incline) to warm up then (jog at a reasonable pace) do that for 15 min. (your body only starts to burn fat after the first 15 min. So 10 min cardio will not suffice) Then try the bike or an eliptical and they should have interval training on the settings for a few more min. and just build up your stamina.

What have you been doing for cardio?
honestly i do the treadmill for 25 minutes on incline first 10 mintues at a steady pace then 15 jogging from there i go straight to the bike and use the cardio preset on it for 20 minutes and some other scissor maching not sure what the name is for 10 minutes but before all that i do weights first i start off doing arm curls in 3 reps, bench squat leg press pretty much everything in sets of 3 to workout everything after my workout completely i go into the sauna for 15 minutes i'd be happy at 180lbs as i am 5'8"
Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Do cardio before your workout...once your lift the lactic acid buildup in your muscles fatigues you..

Well sounds like your doing what your supposed to be doing...
Old 09-30-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

def do cardio before. plus it will get your heart rate up and the weights will go alot better and be more effective for you as well.

Quick Reply: Wormy guy working out, Trying to get bigger...help