THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

WTH nice day, motorcycle pics :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up WTH nice day, motorcycle pics :D

Finally got this POS back together, went for a nice ride, decided to snag a few pics.. BTW I know threads have been started before, but if ya have time post some pics of your hogs or crotch rockets up..

Old 08-09-2011, 05:18 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Super clean bike John, the paint is killer!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Finally got this POS back together, went for a nice ride, decided to snag a few pics.. BTW I know threads have been started before, but if ya have time post some pics of your hogs or crotch rockets up..

I love these 2 pics, esp. the last 1!!! Sweet.

Why was it apart? Did u change the seat color from before?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

With all the toys you have, you seem to have way too much time on your hands

Needs a fatter tire out back

Speaking of motorcycles isnt sturgis this week?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I love these 2 pics, esp. the last 1!!! Sweet.

Why was it apart? Did u change the seat color from before?
Had to replace the primary drive chain, replace some inner cover bolts with studs, also to do a little measuring
As for the seat, no sir always been like that.. Thanks brotha

Originally Posted by tiffo60
With all the toys you have, you seem to have way too much time on your hands

Needs a fatter tire out back

Speaking of motorcycles isnt sturgis this week?
yes sturgis is this week I do believe, however east coast sturgis is def this week/end??

Yes the rear tire leaves a some to be had.. That is another reason it was apart.. I was taking measurements.. The red circle is the part that needs to be changed, but to do it, since that whole piece is just a cover, I need to take that off, cut the frame horns(because they contour in also), so that I can put late model soft tale rails on it to allow a wider tire and wheel.. They sell a kit but they are out of there minds on price.. I have a 220 wheel, tire already, along with a sprocket.. Just need to get the frame horns cut and track down a set off a later model soft tail that doesn't have that roll in/contour to it, do another fender.. Winter project.. The current tire is a 170, but a low pro, so ya it looks kinda skinny. Gota order a standard 170 for now.. Hope you understand what I just said LOL

Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Had to replace the primary drive chain, replace some inner cover bolts with studs, also to do a little measuring
As for the seat, no sir always been like that.. Thanks brotha

yes sturgis is this week I do believe, however east coast sturgis is def this week/end??

Yes the rear tire leaves a some to be had.. That is another reason it was apart.. I was taking measurements.. The red circle is the part that needs to be changed, but to do it, since that whole piece is just a cover, I need to take that off, cut the frame horns(because they contour in also), so that I can put late model soft tale rails on it to allow a wider tire and wheel.. They sell a kit but they are out of there minds on price.. I have a 220 wheel, tire already, along with a sprocket.. Just need to get the frame horns cut and track down a set off a later model soft tail that doesn't have that roll in/contour to it, do another fender.. Winter project.. The current tire is a 170, but a low pro, so ya it looks kinda skinny. Gota order a standard 170 for now.. Hope you understand what I just said LOL ...
I know someone who moved from here to CA. Said she wanted to go to Sturgis, "the real Sturgis", not some East Coast b.s.

I was shocked. And bummed, cause I wanted to take her for a ride...

As for that "Wide Tire Kit" to do it all H-D, you're right, C-R-A-Z-Y Money!!!

I ****, cause I thought it was $6500. Forgot if that was labor too, I'd hope so. I balked at price. And being mine's an Anniversary model, I don't think it's gonna ever happen. Now, if it wasn't, I'd be cuttin away. I love the wide tire look out back, looks flat out mean.

And now they come wider out back, factory.

Like those chics u date, John.

That said, maybe I'd find somethin I'd be less concerned on cutting for a wide tire. Wide as I can fit out back, for tire. I want the hard tail look w/. softtail ride.

It may never see light of day. I may just get another bike 1 day, or a few.
I like the Deluxe. Old school look.

And some may poo poo em, but when I saw it, it was on a Vrod, so that's the canvas I'd use for a paint scheme, so therefore another bike, a Vrod would be needed. I also like the Road Glide. That would be my Touring bike. Ah, to dream, cause that's 4 more bikes, & u know how much they cost John, & mods & paint aren't cheap. Some would be a cruiser or touring in form, while the other(s) would be custom. Funny how I've changed my ideas over the yrs., & thought I wanted a mini car collection & now, I'd prefer some bikes. Less space to store em, & so on.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-09-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Road Glide not Street Glide. So many, it's confusing.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Sick bike man, glad to see you put the wheels on the right way

Want to trade my truck for it?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It turned out really nice, you do good work.

I fully expected to see some bikini babes though..... slightly disappointed.....
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

John does indeed.

And yes, Roger, u forgot to add --> on the bikini babes.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick Reply: WTH nice day, motorcycle pics :D