THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Are you a bum magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you a bum magnet?

rant = on

Am I the only lucky one? I swear, if there is a bum in the vicinity he will pick me out first. Last night I was at a drive thru with about 5 other cars in line and this guy roaming the parking lot walked past all the other cars straight up to mine and was asking me for gas money while I was trying to order my food. Pissed me off, so I took a dollar bill out of my wallet and threw it up in the air and told him to go get it! Bastard said F-you to me and walked off.

A couple weeks ago I was taking a crap in a store restroom and got a sob story from some dude about not having enough cash to pay for a motel room for him and his daughter, said he just needed $40 more. All I could see from under the bathroom stall was his nice clean shoes. They looked like my size, so I offered him a trade + cash. I offered him my year old dirty Nikes plus $40 for his clean Kswiss or whatever they were. He didn't say another word and walked out.

Had another one hit me up for "eatin money" while filling up at a gas station. I pulled out a $100 bill and asked him if he could break it because I needed $60 to pay for gas. The dumbass dug in his pockets and pulled out a bunch of $1/5/10 dollar bills and started adding them up right in front of me. I just shook my head and left him standing there.

Seriously, I've had guys hit me up for cash while walking through a crowded hospital lobby or when I'm on my cell walking through a parking lot, not to mention all the panhandlers that hang out on the street corners. They always stop at my door. WTF is the deal? I don't wear or drive anything flashy, but they always pick me out of the crowd. Guess I need to dress like a pimp and drive a monster truck and they'll leave me alone?

rant = off
Old 05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i get the same ****... i usually tell all of them that i have a retarded kid with one eye, and the doctor bills are tearing my family apart.... then i ask them if they can let me borrow a few dollars until i get paid.

that usually does the trick, but it always pissed off my old lady. lol she said i was jinxing our baby. he has both eyes though

i hate those dumbass bums!
Old 05-12-2008, 04:41 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I was in Detroit this past saturday. WOW there is so many of them... Please please help me out ... Id say GO F*** yourself, but instead told most of them that there friends behind me just hit me for some- go bug them! I hate being a ******* but do something about your problem.

dont make eye contact
Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I get it sometimes, but I never carry cash, I always use my CC or debit card... It is a rare occassion when I actualy have $1 cash on me... So I just say sure you take plastic?
Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Neil 6.0.....

If what you posted above is original and not copied from something else you are my fuggin hero, lol!

If there is a bum within 1000' he's headed for me. I can be with a group of guys on our bikes and I get the "i used to have a '69 story" every time.

Those were some great responses, trading sneakers lmfao!
Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Saw a guy with a "Starving!!! Please Help" sign at stop light. Some lady handed him a banana and as she was driving off he chunk it at her. Guess he wasn't in the mood for a banana
Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I saw a guy panhandling with his dog at the beach. The dog had a hat and glasses and was holding the sign that read "hungry, need dog food" while the pan handler held a can for donations.

I stopped to talk with him because it truly was pretty funny. He told me that on the weekends he took in as much as $250 a day but during the week it was slow he only made about $100.

I about chit.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Just act crazier than them, they will leave pretty damm quick!! Trust me.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trever1t
Those were some great responses, trading sneakers lmfao!
True story. I stuck my leg out from under the stall and showed him my ratty old shoe and he split. Never saw the guys face.

Barter system = FAIL

I hardly ever carry cash too, but those sumbitches must have a sixth sense whenever I do. Only reason I had cash last night is because I won a little at a poker game and was celebrating my victory with a Whatameal.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sickREDsierra
i get the same ****... i usually tell all of them that i have a retarded kid with one eye, and the doctor bills are tearing my family apart.... then i ask them if they can let me borrow a few dollars until i get paid.
I used to do that when I'd go down to Houston for my chemo treatments. I'd fill them full of **** that I only had two months to live and owed the hospital hundreds of thousands of dollars. Most of them would respond with a story about themselves or someone that they knew had cancer too, so they'd tell you their life story of how they ended up in the gutter. Never got any money out of any of them.

Quick Reply: Are you a bum magnet?