THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Are you a bum magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

bum:
"hey do you have an extra dollar"

me:
"yeah i have thousands of them"

silence

silence

silence

bum:
"can i have one?"

me:
"do you take debit?"

bum walks off

go to the ones that have signs that say will work for food and offer them work...youll quickly find out that they are not interested in working
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny stuff guys.

I remembered another one from 5-6 years ago that happened at work. I was at my desk near the front door and a nice dressed college age guy walks in and says his car broke down and he needed some cash for a cab so he could get to class on time. The college is less than a mile from my office, so I offered him a ride since I thought he was legit. He kept asking for money & saying he didn't want to take up my time. Finally after he figured out I wasn't going to give him cash he accepted my ride offer. I asked which building he needed go to and he didn't have a clue. He just pointed to one in the distance and said that one. The one he pointed to wasn't even part of the college, lol. I let him out there and said better luck next time.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
here back in the winter and my buddy were at the bar..he got there before i did and the dude settin next to us at the bar was walkin from wichita kansas going to san antonio..it was in the 20s outside ****** cold..hell we gave him our scraps and he it all all down to the bones of what we didnt eat..we bought him a few beers..i think i would have waited till spring to go from wichita to san antonio
Did he have 3 handtrucks loaded down with boxes of clothes & junk? There was a guy who came through town pulling 3 handtrucks, one at a time, supposedly moving to Arizona or California. He'd pull one about a quarter mile then turn around and go get #2 then turn around and go get #3. So he was really walking 5x the distance. Pure crazy right there.

I wish you wouldn't have mentioned San Antonio...got another bum story from there too but I'll save it for another time.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at the SSA taking care of some past business one day and there was a scraggly guy sittin there in a wheelchair. didn't pay much attention to him, but 4 hours later when i get my stuff in order I go get a sandwich and see the guy walking around waiting on someone else to get done. Then got in his truck and left around the same time I did.
Every once in a while you'll see the guy sitting on the expressway beggin for money for food.

There's another guy that I see sometimes that has no legs and He'll be holding a sign asking for money for food. I'm sure he also draws SSI and a guy i work with has no legs and uses a skateboard to get around, so i'm sure he can find a job at least at walmart. The requirements to be a door greeter is about the same requirements to stand on the side of the road.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Tribe Shaman

don't be haten on folks just because they look at you as an easy meal ticket.
as it is written, it is better to give out **** then to get lip in return.
go to the dollar store, buy a few packs of play money.
the next time some peace of **** ask you for money.
hand them a few new bills from the play money pocket all folded up.
that way all they see is the number on the bill.
they say god bless you, you say your welcome and walk away with a smile.
if their any kind of a bum they will put it in their pocket fast and ask for more.

but it is at the end of the day, drinking a cold beer, that the thought you screwed a
sorry peace of trash in public that puts a smile on your face and makes the beer taste so much better.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:47 PM

hey guys this is a great thread i dont have any stories like those i just say no. but yall keepem cummin this **** is funny.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I manage a bar about a third of a mile from interstate 85 In Atlanta..... I don't even know where to begin about bums, I've been in fights, had knifes/weapons pulled on me... all kinds of crazy ****.

My favorite was a 19 year old kid who kept begging for money saying he couldn't get a job because he had no work experience. I offered him a job and gave him a time to show up, he promised for 3 days to do so. He was a no show and disappeared for a few days. When I saw him again I confronted him and he said, "I'm a hustler, I don't work for the man." Some people just have no shame in asking for ****.... I guess if it works, why change? That's why I don't give anyone I don't know any kind of financial help, even pocket change.

I had another bum that pulled a knife on a girl leaving my bar late at night. She ran back in a told me about it, and of course, being the moron I am, I went to chase after him. I cornered him (after pealing him off a fence and popping him a few good times) and had the cops on the way and he was still asking for money to eat at McDonald's.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Lol, PappyDan. I've thought about carrying around pesos to hand out, but think I'll try the fake money first.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

they never bother me.. plus have double limo tinted windows and a windshield blacked out to they never look twice.