Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

'03 Silverado SS in SoCal for sale (Modded)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jeeezzz thats a great deal! any track times/dyno#?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man thats a really nice sss. Have you tried posting on sss.com?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Makani,
Good to hear from you. Yes, your baby still looks good and runs like a bat out of hell. What's going on? You gotta give me a call.

dlt76028,
No track times from me, I've never taken her to the track. Orange County Corvettes' dyno put down 478 rwhp with the front axles disconnected. They only have a 2 wheel dyno.

ces63ss,
sss.com is where I bought the truck and now trying to sell her. Sucky situation, but too many toys not enough cash.

-Ron
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

I had the pleasure of seeing and driving this truck last weekend. Ron was incredibly gracious, open and honest about everything on the truck. If it wasn't for a 110 mile daily commute, I would have jumped all over this, but unfortunately the gas expenditure alone would be upwards of $400 a month for me. If there's anyone remotely interested in this truck, I thought I'd share my impressions to help it sell:

- Looks as good in person as it does in the pictures
- Incredibly well mannered for something pushing 600 hp
- The electric cut-out is nifty - with it closed it's a total sleeper
- Pulls like an airplane during take-off, a totally foreign feeling in a vehicle that size
- Felt really solid, like you could make passes all day long. I've been in some cars that after a single pass you felt like you had to pull over and let the car rest lest you push your luck.
- Tons of attention to detail, not just a bunch of expensive parts slapped together. Everything from the boost controller, the stereo install, the plumbing of the intercooler, etc. was all impressive.

I'm sure the next person to see it will be sold on it.

Eric
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Eric,
Thank You for the kind words and the truck definitely speaks for itself. Your test drive was cool and you were up front with what you wanted. This truck is not for that crazy commute you got.
Good luck with your search and I hope you get into some kind of Chevy, even if it is not an SS.
If possible, post the pics you took for the rest of 'em.

-Ron
Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Teching In

Ron,
So I never in my wildest dreams thought I could ever afford my dream truck. Never wanted an expensive lambo, or and overated ferrari. Maybe a lexus or cheap cadi.. Always wanted a Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD Turbocharged chest hair growing monstrosity. The truck runs like an angel and I wanted to give it my personal gain. Eric, in an earlier post, could not have said it best. You by far have to be the most gracious, generous and honest seller out there. To trust me with more than hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of GM parts is very respectful on my part. I hope to keep in touch with you and show you how this jet truck runs in the near future. Thanks Ron for the updates and if you ever decide to sell any more of your toys anyone reading this post if you ever wish for an easy car buying experience it would easily, definitely be one with Ron. Thanks for the truck and thanks for keeping it looking like new. I know I treat it like a child even a week after owning it. I hope to join an elite group of SS owners and enjoy the comrodery that its created.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Staging Lane

hey good buy man come join us on silveradoss.com names 10zin on there
Old 03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Teching In

E-Man or Emilio,
I'm just glad she went to a good home. Call me anytime for tips like changing the oil, tweaking the boost controller, stereo ****, or for anything else. She is loud, fast, and bodacious!!! You made the transaction go smooth, I didn't have to do a thing. Everything you said came true and that puts back some faith in humankind, especially with all the bullshitters and cheaters out there. You're still young, make her yours and enjoy the ride. Who knows, maybe a Lambo, Ferrari, or a dope *** orange C6 Vette maybe in your future? The SS is a one of a kind truck, not a lightning or an SRT-10, but a good motor in an actual truck. Your's is just fast as all hell! Join silveradoss.com, a bunch of people on there know this truck from the OG owner.

Later,
Ron