Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

06 Silvy LT RCSB 2WD, Turbo, 4L80E...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Silvy LT RCSB 2WD, Turbo, 4L80E...

(Part1) 2006 Silverado RCSB 2WD LT Silver Birch Metallic, 5.3L A/T, A/C, PWD, PDL, Tilt Steering, Factory AM/FM/CD/Xm (Sirrius) with 6" sub in center console. Rear view mirror has outside temp. 33k miles (+1100 miles on original odo that will come with truck). Bed has a sprayed in Inyati liner. I had them keep the liner up on the lip of the bed enough so that if one decides to put a bed cover on it should hide the sprayed on liner. That's what my plan was but didn't get that far.
Viper990 Alarm System (upgradeable) with Remote Start (and programmable for turbo timer).
Engine: Stock 5.3L with Comp 918 Springs and Magnum pushrods. LS6 Valley Cover. C5 Corvette (low profile) coil packs). Original mid-pipe with cats tucked away in the attic in unmodified condition... and comes with the truck along with factory passenger side manifold. Factory Air intake also comes with and original unmodified oil pan.
Trans: 01 4L80E (originally 70k miles) rebuilt by myself using the correct GM Service tool kit, manuals, and direct help from Vince at FLT. Besides setting up steels/clutches to his specs there is also a 300M billet input shaft. Transgo HD2 shift kit set up for moderate shift hardness. Stall is a Precision Industries 9.5" triple disk 3200 stall. Fly wheel is a Hughes SFI approved LS1 part. All ARP hardware for crank bolts and T/C bolts. An extra deep (+ 4 quarts) Mag-Hytec pan is also in place. I do have a custom fanned cooler in place but the tranny does get a little warm in the summer (200F) so I have a huge additional cooler not yet installled I want to sandwich in between the radiator and the A/C condensor which should help in the Arizona hot months. 4L80E tool service kit comes with truck only if someone buys entire package. I also have an engine stand with normal engine adaptor and a custom made trans adaptor made by me for ease of rebuilding a trans. Will also fit a 4L60E. The driveshaft is a custom steel unit made (and balanced) by Mesa Driveshaft. A brand new factory cross member was modified by me for fitment of the 4L80E. What also comes with the truck is the original 4L60E trans with a Mag Hytec pan. It has a Transgo HD2 shift kit installed with firm settings. Billet 2/4 servos round out this trans. It was pulled in running condition with no issues... about 22k miles on it. But I would probably have it serviced with new steels/clutches before reinstall if one takes that route. Factory unmodified cross member and driveshaft come with it. I have yet another 4L60E disassembled (Brand New Case,Valve Body, Sun Shell) with used hard parts that will go with this too. I have the ATSG manuals for both the 4L60E and 4L80E. I also have other manuals and CD's on both. I can provide build pics of the 4L80E in the truck.
Turbo kit: Full-Race Passenger side header with 3 " down pipe. 44mm Tial Waste Gate with 10lb spring currently installed. (I have other springs too). Just about everything else on the kit is a custom one-off made by either myself or GHL Motorsports. Initially when I had the driver side Full-Race header on the truck I had the crossover pipe built for it. Later I put the stock driver side manifold back on and had GHL made an adaptor to fit the crossover pipe. So, in a since the kit comes with options. GHL also fabricated the adaptor pipe from the downpipe to the stock exhaust exit location where the muffler assembly hooks up. A factory flange was used in this location making it easy to put on an aftermarket exhaust made for this truck. The driver side header comes with the turbo kit (made by Full-Race) but it doesn't fit well with a 2WD setup. The original turbo kit was built (and then jigged) on a GMC C3 AWD truck... so the steering shaft angle / location is different. Perhaps the driver header will work on a 4WD truck... no guarantee's. I made all the charge ducting out of mild steel 3" pipe and had it HPC coated inside and out. The Air-to-Air intercooler is a 12X24X4" ebay special that had its tanks reinforced (poor intial welding) as well as a 50mm Tial Blow Off Valve added to it. I only guarantee this will fit on a 2006 2WD 1/2 ton Chevy truck. All others subject to possible modifications for fitment. Right now the kit has a water cooled journal bearing Turbonetics T66 with a GTK1000 wheel. The exhaust is a .81 A/R. I have a pretty much brand new T76 available as well that will go with. I have brand new 60lb injectors too included in this deal... along with all the adaptors. I have all kinds of extra blow off valve and waste gate springs, extra v-band clamps and some couplers.
Fuel: Currently the truck has a brand new Magnuson 255 intank pump solution... along with the rest of the bucket assembly. A spare bucket assembly comes with but could only be used for perhaps going to a big single or twin 255's as I destroyed the factory fuel filter in it troubleshooting a previous fuel starvation problem. I bought a C5 Corvette Hot Wire kit from either Caspers and modified it (pin outs) to work with the truck. It is installed in conjunction with a Magnuson MagnaFuel voltage booster for the fuel pump. I believe the turn on for the booster is 3psi and 3k RPM. Injectors are 42lb. I have an 03 return style fuel rail... never made it onto truck... but comes with it.
Laptop with HP Tuners and eSI. Laptop is an HP Pavillion DV5361CL... purchases at Costco and in excellent condition. Upgraded with Vista Home and has all the Service Pack upgrades... in other words the system software has been kept up to date. It will come with the standard charger AND factory HP car charger... so no more worrying if the laptop will die if you are logging. The HP Tuners if I remember correctly comes with an unlimited 2006 license and I had HP Tuners add 2 Bar to it... but never got that far to test it to see if it worked. The unlimited license and 2 Bar took care of the 8 free credits that comes with the package.
C5 Coil Packs: C5 AC Delco "Hot Wire" Red spark plug wires. #2 and #6 cylinders require custom wires to be made with 120 degree angle boots. They have held up no issues. Yes, to change plugs on passenger side is a pain. I drop the manifold to change them. Its not a bad job... a little time consuming but everything is V-Banded so disassembly / reassembly really isn't too bad. And it allows me to inspect tall the turbo piping for any signs of cracking or any other problems on the passenger side of the engine compartement. Plug wires also have Kool Sox. I have plenty of MSD Coil Boots 120 plug boots, coil boots, and wire needed to make extra plug wires as needed... if ever needed. I also have the very expensive MD wire crimper that goes with.
O2 sensors: Factory front sensors in place and working fine. I did NOT cut the O2 harneses. The passenger side I moved up to the turbo header without cutting/splicing. An AEM Wideband O2 is also installed down by the transmission. Signal wire routed back up through dash and connector is in glove box for easy hook up to laptop. Jotto Desk base is installed. So, when tuning, install the rest of the Jotto desk, secure laptop, plug in Wideband to HP Tuners module and you are set.
Oil Supply: Tapped off of factory bypass block (normally where an oil cooler is plumbed for trucks). A 6' -3AN Earls over the counter SS braided teflon supply line fit the bill.
Oil Drain: Custom 3/4" SS drain pipe made for turbo making it easy to install / remove line. -12AN to the pan where a bung has been welded in place right behind the starter. There are no 90 degree angle turns in the drain.
Gauges: Autometer Oil Temp, Fuel Pressure and Boost/Vacuum. AEM WideBand rounds out the gauges. The oil and fuel pressure are mounted on a black anodized SoCal Diesel mount. The boost and wideband are mounted on the A-Piller. All of this stays on the truck.
A/C mods: Adaptor extension installed between fire wall and dryer to extend it out and more towards the passenger side to place it away from the down pipe. I also had to gently straighten the bend on the factory A/C hose (from compressor to dryer) to keep unnecessary stress off of the connections. I bought all the necessary equipment and pumped the system back down and added freon back to it. System has been trouble free after I found and fixed a small leak in the adaptor.

Last edited by Bill Reid; 07-05-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:30 PM

(Part2)
Exterior: Driver and Passenger side rear view mirrors upgraded to include turn signals. Door handles are painted SS type as it the tail gate handle and bezel. In front is a billet grill and bowtie emblem.
Rear End: Auburn Pro Diff that is really tight. I had to use synthetic lubricant (GM) with lots of traction modifier to reduce (but not eliminate) the chatter when turning corners. No other sounds from the rear end... it was properly installed by an experienced guy who I trust and its been in there for about 20k miles with no trouble. Mag-Hytec Cover. Rear dropped 3" originally was a Belltech (hanger / shackle) drop. Installed factory TSB "Chevy Lean" kit along with modification to the driver shackle before I got the truck level. The frame was not c-notched... which is common for folks looking for more axle travel. McGaughy bags help from keeping from bottoming out when hitting good size pot holes or going over train tracks at speed. 6psi on the bags seems the best pressure.
Front end: 2" McGaughy Spindle drop. Factory front shocks.
Wheels / Tires: GM CK809. One tire in back I think needs rebalanced... I get a little shimmy at 60-65 miles an hour. Actually, a good road force balance would probably be better. Learned that in my C5 Corvette days. Toyo Proxes S/T tires with 16k miles are in excellent condition. These are a harder compound (a little harder than I was expecting) as they have a 50k mile life.
Interior: Pretty much stock other than Tahoe (or Ext / CC cab truck) deluxe center console that I bought ALL parts brand new including the necessary glove box / bezel assembly. I reused the Bose sub box. Pulled the Bose amp and speaker out (go with truck) and installed an Alpine Amp and 6" sub. Plenty of Bass for me... for others? Who knows. 06 Escalade Cluster installed when the truck had 1100 miles on it. Tranny cooler temps being monitored were primary reason... other than I think it looks pretty cool. Original dash cluster comes with truck.
Extras: 04 6L/4L80E engine harness extra. Had started modifying it to route the harness over the brake booster instead of straight across to the engine from the fuze box.
03 LS heads and Cam about 18k miles on them in excellent condition... comes with rockers and rocker mounts.
99 LS1 C5 Corvette Heads (with valves/springs/ no rockers) and Intake (with original coolant steam pipe) 60k miles... in excellant condition... just a little dirty. Probably good for ebay to recover some fundage.
As noted earlier truck return style fuel rail. Extra intake that I started shaving. Might come out nice for someone if they want to finish it.
Factory 5.3 Injectors... missing one or 2 o-rings... so need an o-ring kit from GM if intention is to return truck to stock.
ATI harmonic balancer... was going to go on a forged LS6. Brand new in box.
Extra set of brand new intake gaskets.
iPod adaptor that hooks into the XM wiring. First one quit working. 2nd one works but doesn'thave the options of the first one which they quit making. Never the less an iPod adaptor is in the truck.
Spare Airiad filter + cleaning kit
Original truck coil packs
Original truck outside review mirrors
Moroso coolant drain adaptor (goes in your bottom rad hose) for easy coolant drain. Not installed.
Various extra Earls hose ends and ProFlex 350 hose in different sizes and lengths.
Original 4L60E (including cross-member and driveshaft) and another 4L60E disassembled as noted above.
So, the bottom line is I want $19k for the truck (with everything listed with it) and the price is firm. If I can't sell it here I'll part it out, returning the truck to stock, and sell it that way. I might make more money taking the go fast stuff off the truck but right now choosing the quick and easy route. The sale of this truck is due to medical reasons... not that I am moving on to a new truck or no longer have the interest. Sale is considered final (no warranty or guarantee's expressed or implied).

Best way to get in touch with me is email - billreid1@***.net . I am on PT.net just about everyday so PM's are OK too.

Last edited by Bill Reid; 07-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:31 PM

Last edited by Bill Reid; 07-05-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Bump for a bad *** truck..this thing is clean as hell.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:51 PM

Thanks Derek
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

damn sorry to see you sellin the truck def a badass rig good luck on the sale
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 AM

Thanks, much appreciated
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM
SPAM HUNTER

Bump for a super clean truck. Also...im going to steal your wheels!!!!!!!!!

Dustin
Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Have you ever ran it at the track? If so what did it run in the 8th? Nice truck for sure.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice truck, let me know if you part it out, i want the turbo kit if so. Or if your lookin for an SUV, maybe we can work something out.

Quick Reply: 06 Silvy LT RCSB 2WD, Turbo, 4L80E...