Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

1981 Chevy Silverado Longbed pickup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 Chevy Silverado Longbed pickup

well, i dont really have any use for this truck anymore, i bought it to tow my mustangs around, but since i decided to take a break on the drag racing thing until i finish up college, i'm gonna go ahead and put this truck up for sale.

Specs:

355 bored to 355
vortec heads
longtube headers
big hydraulic cam (not sure on specs, but around .525-540 lift)
forged 4 relief valve pistons
4 bolt main
3.08 highway gears.
stock th350 that still shifts perfectly every time
2 inch drop shackles to level it out

its a pretty cool truck overall, VERY loud, lopes very hard with the cam, and longtubes/glasspacks dont really quiet it down any. i get alot of compliments on the truck because of the way it sounds. it runs 16s in the quarter as it is right now, with a 2,500 stall and maybe some 3.73s, this truck would easily run 13s. its got some serious power to it, just doesnt have any way of getting it to the ground with that stock th350/3.08 gears. Interior is okay, dashpad is cracked like every truck these years are, seat is pretty torn up but i have a seat cover over it that makes it look pretty decent. it's got dual tanks but the sending unit isnt working, so i bypassed it and its running off only the right tank right now, but i'm going to trouble shoot the fuel system and see if its not something simple and easy to fix. Tires still have alot of tread, window seals should be replaced on the driver side, the window rattles if you have it down because the seals are worn out, but it doesnt leak. body is pretty clean, a couple of dents and scratches but nothing extremely bad. with a little work and a new paintjob and the stall, this would be a HELL of a truck. also makes for a cool first truck or something. I'm asking 2,500 or best offer! email me at tribaltalon@gmail.com