Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

1991 GMC Syclone

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 GMC Syclone

So after all the years of waiting and time searching for my Syclone it looks like I need to part with it already. It's looking like work is going to be taking me out of the country by the end of the year, and I can't see letting the Sy sit for the 5 years or so I'm expecting to be gone. So here we go...

Solid west coast truck with no rust. Has about 128k on it, but under 6000 on the strong running forged motor with 412 cam and under 7000 on the rebuilt trans with 2200-2400 converter, which shifts smooth and quick. Runs good, but can use some fine tuning (has ostrich and 3 bar for real time tuning) to make it run really good.

Interior: Interior is in great shape. Carpet, seats, door panels are all in great shape. Dash is in good condition with no cracks, but has some discoloration on the top part. Indiglo stock gauges (that actually look good), and Autometer phantom gauges (boost, egt, and trans temp) in 3 gauge pillar pod. Also have phantom air/fuel gauge not installed yet. Truck has brand new windshield and rear window, and also have rear sliding window too that will go with it. The truck does not have A/C!

Exterior: I would rate the truck about 8.5 out of 10. My concern was the interior when I bought the truck, and had plans to completely redo the outside. Original paint is good, but getting old. All cladding is there, but the rear corners and bumper have some cracks from the previous owner backing it into a poll. That also pushed the then hard toneau cover into the cab, causing it to be fixed. It was fixed, but never painted to match perfectly. Front bumper has quite a few chips on it, but the piece is in good shape. Truck has a few dents and dings in/on the bed, that could be easily fixed, whether or not you choose to do the whole body. I put a brand new extang soft cover on it also.

Wheels/Tires: Wheels are stock painted black with the silver lip. They all have a few bends and light scrapes from the previous owner, but still hold air fine and balance out with no problems. Tires are old and will need to be replaced. It drives fine on them, but they are getting close.

Suspension/Brakes: Not real sure on the suspension, but know it was lowered 2” on blocks in the rear. All shocks were replaced within the past 5000 miles. Brakes are brand new (not even broken in) drilled slotted rotors (r1 concepts) on front with performance ceramic pads. Rear drums still look good, plus a brand new set of drums and shoes as backup. The truck does not have ABS!

That's a quick rundown of it that I'm sure has left plenty of info out, so if you need more info and/or pictures please get in touch or give me a call and we can discuss it further. I'm asking $9,500...but if you're really interested then lets talk and maybe we can work something out. Let me know what you want to see and I can run out to the shop to take any pictures or etc.

Will possibly consider a trade for a specific 4x4 that would make the move with me.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Teching In

This thing still needs to go...so let's say $9250, but again, feel free to make an offer. Will make you a great deal if you buy this and my CRF450r too.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm i would almost be tempted to trade my truck if i had the title.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bluchevypick
Hmm i would almost be tempted to trade my truck if i had the title.
Thanks for reminding me. I do have the clear title in hand...

And unfortunately your truck wouldn't fit into the 4x4 category that I would be looking for. Interested more in a Jeep Wrangler, or something dedicated for offroading...but thanks for the offer.