Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

1997 2 door tahoe Z71

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 2 door tahoe Z71

The time may have come for me to finally part with my 2 dr. I have a multiple cylinder misfire that I was unable to address before I deployed and now that I am home and in college I really haven't had time to do anything with it. I'm pretty convinced that it needs the upgraded injector assembly. My DD was totaled due to hail damage and I need a new car. I've been contemplating on buying another F-body. That being said, this needs to go.

$4k

-Z71
-Sport
-interior is pretty clean
-exterior has normal dings, dent in rear behind bumper, I have a new bumper to replace it
-122k miles
-wired for sub and amp
-everything works
-multiple cylinder misfire code

Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the second pic you can see the damage to the rear bumper. I lost control exiting a highway in Virginia in the rain and hit a guide rail. There will not be one thing NOT disclosed to the buyer. You can feel free to research any of my threads on the vehicle. I consider myself an honest man. Not looking to screw anyone, which is why I can keep the vehicle and fix it if needed. Between me, my father, uncle(ase) and ASE certified neighbor we can fix it

I replaced both o2 sensors, and plugs after I drained the fuel tank. Ran cleaner and premium fuel to flush the lines. Still got a misfire. Before this happened I had the cap and rotor replaced. I went home on leave before deployment and let a guy drive it. He got bad gas on base and I had little time to fool with it. I shipped it home and let it sit in my garage while deployed. It hasn't been driven in about 1.5 years. It still started up and drove, but only ran on 6 cylinders.

There are some swirl marks on the hood and body from normal wear but nothing major. A good buff and wax would do it wonders. The pics taken are from the first two years I had the truck. Nothing recent as nothing really has changed. I did put in a head unit and replaced the cd pocket with a original GM felt pocket. I prefer my rides to look OEM. Carpet was new when I bought it. Headliner has a slight inch tear from a coat hanger. No dash or door cracks. Driver leather is good, passenger is decent. I will sell or trade for a daily. I will not take $3k however. I will take this down if the mods deem it inappropriate. Just trying to get a feel. If I have to put a price I will list it at $4500.

Included is a hi-lift jack, replacement bumper for rear dented (needs paint), 10" Xplode in a box, and Xplode head unit with USB and aux input. Brakes were done two when I first bought it, I bought it with 108k miles, and it has 122. So it has 10k on new front brake pads. If the price seems to high pm me a price. Honestly, I do not want to let it go. That is why it has set for so long. But with the daily driver being totaled and my needing to replace it I want the new car in the garage. I do however have a place near me where it can be parked and left if I can not get a decent price and I will fix the issues or swap the motor and be done..

Needs new shocks and alignment. May need tie rods. But that can be addressed before bought if needed. The Edlebrock IAS were on it when I bought it, pretty sure they are bad by now. I bought it in Sep. or Oct. of 2007, I deployed in November of that same year for 7 months. Three months after getting back I bought my Trans Am. I drove both. T/A was totaled 6 months later and I started ride sharing with a guy on the ship. Same one who snatched up the bad gas! He paid for the plugs as a nice gesture. Things I have looked up online suggest the injectors, could be wires, or distributor. Worse case scenario a 5.3l swap or 6.0 swap.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Updated pics as of today:

469 396 945zero
Jared
Old 08-24-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a guy coming up from League City to look at it Saturday
Old 08-27-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic