Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!

I am selling my 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab. Only 35,00 miles, MUST SEE, in great condition.NEVER SMOKED IN PERIOD.
This truck has been garaged for the majority of its life and been detailed on a regular basis.
Lets start with the color, indigo blue which is about the best color blue you can get from the factory. All of the molding and lettering on the truck has been removed for a smooth appearance.
The door handles, mirrors, upper and lower bumpers and windshield wiper cowl were removed and professionally painted to match the truck. These pieces were all dark grey from the factory, which is common. The rear bumper was removed and replaced with a steel sir michaels roll pan (the best you can get) and color matched to the truck. The tailgate was smoothed out (4 holes across the factory tailgate filled and the tailgate handle removed and filled) and painted to match the color of the truck. All of this work was done by a professional body shop. There has also been a handle installed on the inside of the tailgate.
RIMS AND TIRES - This truck features 22in. rims and tires recently purchased. (This truck was done between Nov '05 and Aug '06.) The rims are 22 x 8 ultra peacemakers and the tires are 265/32/22 sumitomo's. These tires were put on 4,000 miles ago and have 85% of there tread left. There is no tire rub on these tires. Rims may have some scuffs on them but all in all they are in very good condition and still shine bright day after day. No chemicals have been used on these rims what so ever! (Some use chemicals for an easy clean but over time it eats away at the chrome.)
Suspension -DJM 3/5 drop, spindles and springs in front and a flip kit in the back with toxic shocks all the way around. Truck has a great stance with minimal gap in front and back (too much gap looks bad). I love the drop which makes it a little stiff around town but still has great highway riding.
Engine - 5.3 Liter Vortec - All around good engine, good power and good gas mileage. The motor has 35,000 miles on it and is the original motor, no misses, no leaks, no tricks! A few add ons have been added to the motor including a diablo programmer that gives your more power, firmer shifting and elimates the top speed limiter. This program also has options such as fuel/air modification, speedometer recalibration and lets you also view and read the check engine lights that you could get, handbook is included and features full instructions for the programmer. An airaid spacer has been installed between the intake and the throttle body (simple installation) that gives more horsepower and makes a turbo like whistling sound under mid acceleration range. The K&N intake cold air intake system is installed on this truck which allows more air into your engine giving you faster acceleration and better miles per gallon then the original intake. This engine is matted to a 4spd auto transmission package, locking differential and separate transmission cooler. Transmission has no problems whatsoever and has never needed work done to it. (Usually no need at such low miles!)
Interior - The interior is literally in mint condition, never had any kids, and rarely had any passengers in the car. Interior is all grey leather, dash, door panels, and center console are also grey. Carpet has been replaced with a nice black carpet simply because I didn't like the stock color. This carpet looks so good in the car and is the first thing that catches your eye on the interior! While the carpet was removed, I had the whole car fully sound-deadend with stinger pro matting. This makes it very quiet inside the cab, no rattling from the stereo when you shut the door which makes a big difference, you can literally turn the bass all the way up and stand outside the truck with the doors closed and you won't hear any bass at all. (Great for no noise ordinance tickets!) Everything is power...doors, mirrors, both seats, heated mirrors, heated seats and rear window defrost, ONSTAR ready, memory and compass and temp gauge located on mirror, this truck was literally ordered with every option. The leather seats are in great condition and get conditioned regularly, no cracks, tears and added the seats are all power, heated, and have dual lumbar settings...Very comfortable! Other options include, tissue holder, garage door opener holder, sunglass holder, and 2 reading lights.
Stereo -Pioneer headunit which is an awesome looking dash kit. The headunit makes the car! I added all new kicker speakers in the doors with tweeters and crossovers in front and audiobahn mids and highs in the back, backing it up with 2 kicker comps in a box located under the back seat, backed up by color matched carpet. This is the nicest most stealth sub box I have seen in any pickup truck! The kicker amps are mounted on a black leather panel which is mounted to the back of the rear seat. The amps were disassembled and with the indigo blue to match the truck! This stereo is great for any kind of music.
Scratch - There is a 2 inch scratch or so, that needs to be filled in ontop of the bed where the old bedtop used to sit, I don't know exactly how it happened as it was done before I bought the truck. The scratch is not bad, and not in a noticeable spot.
Exhaust - The exhaust has been replaced with a flowmaster muffler (new) and the tailpipe was cut so it couldn't be seen. I don't like the look of the pipes out the back, to me they take away from the look of the truck. Exhaust has a quiet rumble and is not at all choppy.
Brakes -4 wheel disk brakes with steel braided brake lines in front - brakes are in great condition.
Alarm - An aftermarket alarm was installed. No, not the type that goes off every time someone walks near the car. With the alarm, I had installed a window mod that allows you to roll down the windows off of the regular key fob as well as roll them back up. I also had installed a keyless start mod which allows you to start the truck from outside of it.
Lights - HID headlight kit installed. These lights look outstanding on the truck!
Air condition -Cold as ice - everything works great on all settings, air vents also located in rear for rear passenger (if any).

I really can't say enough about this truck, I'm sure the truck cost about $32,000 when new. The truck is about 6 years old but try finding a truck in this condition with these miles, it's almost impossible. I've always loved cars and I love fixing cars up. The reason I am selling this truck is to get money for a future project of mine. I will answer any questions that your have as well as show more pictures if needed. The truck runs and looks great. The truck has won several car shows in Orlando area and never goes home without a trophy! Also listed are some of the parts and prices.
Diablo programmer - $370
Poweraid spacer - $110
22" Rims and tires - $2500
Suspension drop - $700
Black Carpet - $220
Stinger Sound Deadener - $140
Paint and body work - $760
Roll pan - $274
Steel braided brake lines - $120
Stereo Equipment - $1050
K&N Intake - $286
Alarm/window&start mod - $480
HID kit - $365

I hope I have answered most questions with the information listed above. Feel free to call or email me with any other questions. I am asking $14,990 for the truck and at this price I am sure it will sell quickly.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING
Bobby Jaxtheimer
RJaxtheimer@yahoo.com
954-328-8890
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-nice-side-pic.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-interior-pic.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-rim-pic.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-intake.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-amp-pic.jpg  

Last edited by RJaxtheimer; 03-28-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default pics

More pics.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-left-rear.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-right-rear.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-wiper-cowl.jpg   2001 Chevy Silverado : Low, Show Custom, MUST see!-front-pic.jpg  
Old 03-28-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump for a sharp ride!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Default bump

bumps
Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane