Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

2001 EC silverado with bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 EC silverado with bolt-ons

Well I did it, I put a contract in on a house and want to sell my play truck for some extra cash. I sold it once years ago and regretted it so I bought it back and have been working on her for a year now getting her back into shape.

The Craigslist Ad....

I have since bought a brand new Sierra exactly like it and am ready to sell. I love this truck and it is a real head turner, but life is short and it is time for me to go after other things. (AKA "my fiance wants a house and I'm selling this to go towards a down payment" )
It had a heads and cam 6.0 when I sold it. Now has the factory 4.8 back in it but runs quick. 184k on body less than 50 on trans and less than 120 on engine. Always used mobil 1 oil

I am willing to deal on this truck and will even purchase and install a 6.0L V8 for a total of $8,700 (includes truck, 6.0l installed, original 4.8 and all spare parts)

As it sits she is really fun to drive, and I really enjoy driving it.

I am somewhat flexible on the price as well, throw me an offer. The worst I can do is politely say no.

Mods:
FLT level 4 racing transmission
Yank 3000tt torque converter
Eaton positive traction
Walboro 255 LPh fuel pump
ASM ceramic coated long tube headers w dual exhaust and cats
Centerline stingray III billet aluminum wheels
SS front bumper cover
Matching street scene grills in bumper and grill
Z71 tahoe grill
2/4 suspension with coils and leafs. No hack job
Cold air intake
Brand new 05 radiator and 05 electric fans
Shaved tailgate
Painted rear bumper
Billet antenna
Billet bowtie
Autometer gauges (air/fuel and Trans Temp)
Ported throttle body
42# svo fuel injectors
04 center console swap (I still have the original center console seat and al original plastics to put back to stock as well)
Near full towing capability with hitch.
Rite Rite Firestone tow helper air bags to help with towing are the details

Other misc. things I am forgetting I'm sure

I do also have most stock parts if the new owner wanted to go back to stock for the sleeper effect.

With all the bolt on mods done, this truck can easily have another 6.0 swapped in over a weekend and be the quick truck she was before. The truck went 13.00 with a 1.9 60ft in the 1/4 mile all motor on the previous 6.0L setup. At that time it did not have the FLT trans either. She has the Eaton posi unit out back but still runs 3.42 gears. A set of gears alone would really cut down the 60ft times but I left the 3.42's because I was able to get 20MPG on the interstate with a heads and cam 6.0L pushing 460HP. She was built to cruise and play, which is what makes her so much fun.

right now before I turn her over to the new owner I will be replacing the windshield as well as a sleepy O2 sensor. Other than that she is good to go.

I also just did a 3 stage buffing on the entire truck using medium cut, mirror polish and a synthetic sealer. I then followed it up with a wax job using Mcquires NXT wax

I spent a weekend polishing the wheels to a mirror shine and have a complete set of extra centerline O-rings for the wheels. Actually have 7 of these orings that go with the truck ($14 for a set of 4 from centerline)

Asking $7,900 as it sits on two brand new front tires with firestone lifetime alignment.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Also have some walk around videos and more pictures at http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...1%20Silverado/

Video #1
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=149.mp4

Video #2
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=155.mp4
Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 AM
FormerVendor

30+ views and not even a comment? Wow haha
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So you will buy and install a 6.0 in that truck for only $800 more dollars? Can you just buy and install one in my truck for $800?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by skoal bandit
So you will buy and install a 6.0 in that truck for only $800 more dollars? Can you just buy and install one in my truck for $800?
Lol, nope that's just an incentive to sell it quick before I change my mind. A good 6.0 is at least $1,000 and I'd install it for free since I enjoy it.

If you buy the motor I'd help you install one in your truck. Hell I'd turn all the wrenches for beer and a thick steak

Last edited by Blake @ FMS; 10-26-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good deal...just trying to find one is the hard part!!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

I know of a low milage L76 out of a G8 GT for sale. Direct bolt in for your truck... He wanted 3,500 for engine, 6 speed auto, full harness and all accessories
Old 10-26-2010, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blake @ FMS
Lol, nope that's just an incentive to sell it quick before I change my mind. A good 6.0 is at least $1,000 and I'd install it for free since I enjoy it.

If you buy the motor I'd help you install one in your truck. Hell I'd turn all the wrenches for beer and a thick steak
hello blake before you sell it just make sure thats what you really want to do im not saying dont do it but think about whats best for your situation. i race sprintcars and a few years ago like 9 i met a girl and thought ya know she's coll and i sold all my racin stuff so we could improve the house i already had and took an equity loan out to make additional improvements as well.it was all good to she decided she didnt wanna start acting like a 16 year old in high school again. in the end we split now im left with a high mortgage payment and no race car to race.few years went by and i managed to get back on track and get the house finances and the race car back. and met someone who like to see me race as well. us guys like our toys thats just how we are and the way women are wired isnt the same as we are. not saying dont do it just think about all the pros and cons of the action. you sold it and bought it back once rite just give it give some thought if you already havent. good lokk with your house and fiance and congradulations
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER92
hello blake before you sell it just make sure thats what you really want to do im not saying dont do it but think about whats best for your situation. i race sprintcars and a few years ago like 9 i met a girl and thought ya know she's coll and i sold all my racin stuff so we could improve the house i already had and took an equity loan out to make additional improvements as well.it was all good to she decided she didnt wanna start acting like a 16 year old in high school again. in the end we split now im left with a high mortgage payment and no race car to race.few years went by and i managed to get back on track and get the house finances and the race car back. and met someone who like to see me race as well. us guys like our toys thats just how we are and the way women are wired isnt the same as we are. not saying dont do it just think about all the pros and cons of the action. you sold it and bought it back once rite just give it give some thought if you already havent. good lokk with your house and fiance and congradulations
Well said!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER92
I really appreciate you looking out for me and believe me, 5-6 years ago I wish someone would have told me this. I sold the truck the first time over a girl that said I cared more about the truck than her.
Was pretty stupid of me to sell it then, I admit that for sure.
This time however, its a little different. It's a small sacrifice to make to be able to get a bead start on making a family. I'm 26 almost 27 and aint exactly getting any younger.
It had always been a dream of mine to own a '71 cuda as well so selling would be a way of starting a fund for that as well.

Sure I'll miss the truck again, but I often think life is short and I should experience what I can when I can. Besides, if this puts me behind the wheel of a protouring '71 cuda with a 6.1 srt8 powertrain in a few years... Well I can suffer for a bit

Quick Reply: 2001 EC silverado with bolt-ons