Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

2002 Silverado ECSB

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Silverado ECSB

My half ton is for sale, as I've bought a DMAX.

And I'm asking $7,500.

I'm located in La Quinta, CA. That's down by Palm Springs. I may be interested in trading for and equal value, orange 950 or 990 KTM Adventure, just in case someone has something like that out there.

I have had this truck since I drove it off the lot on August 11th, 2002 at Winter Chevrolet, a little more that 9 years ago. It had 220 miles that day and as of right now it has 113,423 miles and 2954.5 hours, for an average speed of 38.4mph. It will continue to go up slowly, as I like to exercise it every now and then. It currently has TN registration and title in my name, good through the end of August.

It has been a wonderful truck for me, having never let me down. I bought a crew cab diesel to fit all of my stuff, so it's for sale.

I'll try an run through all the stuff I've done to it. From day one it has had a plastic drop-in bed liner. I like these better than the spray ins, because if someone happens to toss something in the bed, the plastic gives, unlike the spray ins, which will dent your bed. I recently swapped in an over the rails liner to better protect the bed rails from damage. It also hides the marks from when I was carrying some bricks for dad and a couple decided to let loose and scratch the bed rail on the way out. No dents though.

The one dent in the truck is from me backing my boat out of my driveway in AZ and not seeing those goofy extended mailbox things until it was too late. There is a nice little crease in the right front fender. It has always been out of mind, seeing as I always approach the truck from the drivers side.

I have done all of the maintenance to the truck. The oil has been regularly changed with the good, made in europe Castrol 0w-30, which is closer to a 40w. Either that or Pennzoil platinum 5w-30 or AMSOIL. I've used K&N filters, and the old, good Delco PF59s when they were still available. The battery is a Diehard Platinum, that is a tear old.

The tires were rotated regularly and I would check the brakes and grease the zerks up front and the one on the driveshaft when doing so.

I changed the fuel filter every 40k, give or take, so it's about ready for another one. I also changed the transmission filter and fluid around 40k, to get all the break in crud out. That should be good until 140k.

The brakes are still in great shape, probably due to me trying to coast as often as possible and living on mostly flat land while doing mostly highway driving for the life of the truck.

The wheels and tires are off of a Tahoe Hybrid and are 18s. I think it is the best size compromise on these trucks and look great IMO. The tread is ok, seeing as they came off the Tahoe with 30k miles.

The 4.8 has been a blessing in disguise. I wanted the 5.3, but the 4.8 has been more than willing to do anything I ask of it. It has also knocked down as high as 23mpg on the highway. On my most recent move, from Memphis to Palm Springs, I averaged 18.5 mpg for the whole trip, which isn't bad, considering I drove 75-80 the whole way, with a motorcycle in the bed and the truck full of my junk. I regularly average 16mpg city driving and recently got 19mpg on a 275 mile round trip with some city driving mixed in. the 3.42s really help out there.

When I was 16, I whacked the right side of the truck into a light pole in the wet, being stupid. It ruined the right rear door and kissed the roof skin as well as the rocker panel. All the repair work was done at a local Chevy dealer with the reputation of having a very talented body shop. The old Crown Chevrolet, in Dublin, CA.

I can't think of anything else pertinent, but ask away with any questions you may have. I have more and bigger pics that I can email, if you'd like.

Here are the pics:

Old 08-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics of dents please