Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

Austin, TX 1999 Ext Cab Silverado. Tons of aftermarket mods. $3500

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Austin, TX 1999 Ext Cab Silverado. Tons of aftermarket mods. $3500

Price is OBO and sorry, but I will NOT part out.

Clean Title. Registered in Oklahoma, but currently located in Austin, TX (where I now live permanently)
1999 Chevy Silverado 2wd 5.3L 118k miles Extended Cab Short Bed
The truck is an “LT” trim so it has power everything, leather, center console

Engine:
-2003 Z06 Cam
-Z06 Valve Springs
-Oil pump, timing chain, pushrods, valve cover seals and all engine cover gaskets replaced at 104k miles (when I did the cam swap)
-K&N FIPK Intake
-145 amp alternator
-LS1 Electric Fans with pcm harness
-Oil pump, timing chain, all cover gaskets, pushrods, and quite a few other things replaced at around 100k miles

Exhaust
-Pacesetter Coated Longtubes
-Pacesetter coated Ypipe with flanges for easy removal
-3” Cutout
-3” DMH Cutout (NOT INCLUDED in price)
-Factor muffler (wanted best of both worlds between loud and quiet)

Transmission:
-Fully built transmission done by Rick in Austin (1Slow01Z71 will attest to the quality of his work). I have a full parts list, but it is the equivalent of an FLT level 4. I have never had an issue with it at all and I planned to trust it with a front mount turbo setup (which I never installed)
-Yank SS3600 Torque Converter
-30k gvw Transmission Cooler

Rear End/Differential
-Detroit True Trac
-3.73 Factory GM Gears
-Rear Differential Girdle
-Custom made adjustable longbar setup with heims on both ends. Work was done by Jon of DBRodz and Minis. For those that don’t know, his work is phenomenal
-Full rear end is out of a 2003 truck with rear disk brakes

Suspension:
-V6 front coil springs (sits about 1” lower)
-2” rear shackles (not installed, but brand new in the box)
-Moog inner tie rods, tie rod ends, lower ball joints
-OEM Wheel hubs (replaced 20k miles ago)
-Upper control arms and balljoints (replaced about 30k miles ago)
-Front rotors replaced about 20k miles ago

Exterior
-20” Forge-Tec FT-51 Rims. These are incredibly light (28-29 lbs) each and WILL tuck with ease.
-03 Taillights
-Black z71 lower valence
-Billet Bowtie
-Rollpan welded into the bed
-Hard tonneau cover (low profile so it doesn’t stick up)
-Bed Rug
-Escalade Handles

Interior/Audio/Sound
-Pioneer DEH-770mp CD Player. Older model, but has an aux cable
-Front and rear Doors have 2 layers of raammat as well as the back cabin wall. The back wall also has two layers of ensolite installed as well. With the cutout closed and the exhaust running through the stock muffler the truck is QUIETER than stock. The doors shut with authority.
-Infinity 6.5” speakers in the doors (replacements not amped)
-2 guage pillar pod (no gauges in it sorry)
-Both window regulators were replaced and have a lifetime warranty from advance auto

Tuning:
-Custom in person Blackbear tune
-Also have EFI Live V1 with 2 licenses left (NOT INCLUDED in PRICE)

Factory and other parts lying around (I probably have a lot more not listed)
-Cooling fan shroud
-Brand new set of chrome lug nuts for the rims
-Brand new in rear brake pads
-Factory exhaust manifolds
-Factory ypipe with factory catalytic converters (NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE)
-Front rotors (still in good shape)
-full size spare (tire may be dry though)
-Factory air intake system
-I have other random parts like some 5” lift blocks, an extra black escalade handle, z71 ubolts and rear z71 shocks, and quite a bit of other stuff sitting in the shed I’ve accumulated over the past few years.

The good- As you can see, the aftermarket parts alone on this truck would sell for easily $2-3k used alone. The truck is built very solid, the transmission and rear end were built to hold forced induction (although the truck never say it). I have replaced quite a few suspension components with Moog brand parts (upper control arms, ball joints, inner tie rods, tie rod ends, and a few other things). The wheel hubs were also replaced about 20k miles ago. I also just bought a brand new battery for it too.
The truck drives great. I just took it on a 400 mile trip from Oklahoma down to Austin and it had no issues. I’m currently driving it to work and back until I get my new car.

The bad- Unfortunately, this is where the massive price drop is. Unfortunately, the exterior of the truck is why I’m only asking what I am.
On that 400 mile trip, I hit a deer. As a result, the grill is cracked, bumper dented, hood dented, bumper pad cracked, pass parking light cracked, and the A/C Condenser was punctured. My neighbor backed into the driver’s side bed panel and put a good sized dent in it (I never could prove it was him unfortunately).
1.) The passenger’s side bed panel also has about the same sized dent (I’ll take credit for that one)
2.) My shaved tailgate was stolen. I do have a tailgate but it is painted black with red racing stripes
3.) The instrument cluster lense is cracked. I am in the process of finding a new one, but I haven’t yet
4.) The water pump has a very slow leak. I add a 16 ounce cup of distilled water every couple weeks or so.
5.) The driver’s seat leather is cracking. The armrest is the most noticeable
6.) The back two tires will need to be replaced. Although the front two have maybe 5k miles on them at most.
7.) The parking brake cable needs to be adjusted (the shoe still looks like its in good shape, and the cable just needs to be tightened up)
8.) The doors and front fenders are not dented, they just need to be repainted.

To sum it up: This truck used to be my baby. I built it to be comfortable, solid, and reliable. Aside from replacing the A/C Condenser and the water pump (again it still works fine, just leaks slowly), everything on the truck is Mechanically strong and BETTER than stock. The engine, transmission, and rear end are all built to handle a lot of power, the interior is more quiet than stock. The rims are super light and incredibly strong. The truck is very fun to drive, solid, and reliable. I just don’t have the time or the interest to get the work done on the exterior.
By fixing the dents on each side of the bed, replacing the front end plastic parts and hood, and repainting the truck, it would look absolutely beautiful again.
At this point, I’m going to start my asking price at $3500 (I’ll adjust it based on interest). Again, I think the parts on it alone are worth that money, and the truck is still reliable to take on a 400 mile road trip, sit in stop and go traffic, and daily drive every day.

As far as why I’m selling it: It has been driven about 2000 miles in the past year and a half. 1200 of that was between three 400 mile trips between Lawton, OK and Austin, TX. I drove my Infiniti M45 every day until it was totaled last month. I’m looking to get into a BMW 535i and it’s time to let the truck go.

Driver’s side shot
Name:  2013-03-22115453_zps826634ac.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  215.0 KB

Close up of driver’s dent
Name:  2013-03-22115345_zps1d001c4b.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  232.4 KB

Pass side dent close up (did not dent the cab)
Name:  2013-03-22115432_zpsfd375bcb.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  250.3 KB

Rear shot- I do have the tailgate handle bezel. I just too it off and forgot to put it back on.

Interior shot

View of differential- You can see where the long bars are mounted just outside the shock mounts

Quick shot of sound deadener in door
Name:  2013-03-22115604_zpsc1aaf2ec.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  176.8 KB
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to buy

Can u text me I'm locally in Austin area and would love to see the truck? 5126398983
Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have always loved this truck...sorry I can't take it off your hands man
Old 03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

why do you have to be so far away?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bstill
why do you have to be so far away?
That's what i'm saying. Perfect truck to pull motor/trans/rear and swap into my truck and swap mine into it and probably still sell for $3500
Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Well thanks fells. The drivetrain really is in phenomenal shape. Unfortunately, like I said, I had a string of bad luck with the exterior. I figure the truck in stock form is probably worth close to what I'm asking and if I parted out the performance parts they would easily bring another $2500. I just don't have the time or the room to keep it anymore.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Bump, I've put almost 1000 miles on the truck in the last month. It runs great, never stalls, and fires up every time.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Glws. used to love this truck when I'd see it on gmfs.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have any better pictures? maybe some out in the sun?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TheBigWangTheory
Glws. used to love this truck when I'd see it on gmfs.
Thank you, I really appreciate that. It used to be my baby and I've always treated it very well. It's been on probably 20 trips from Austin, Texas to Oklahoma (750 miles round trip) and 20-30 trips from Cisco, TX to Lawton, OK (350 miles round trip)

I've owned it since 2004 and up until about 2 years ago, it used to look beautiful. Unfortunately, sitting outside in the Texas and Oklahoma summer did some damage to the clearcoat and like mentioned, I had some issues with shady people damaging it further.

Originally Posted by joshua022
Do you have any better pictures? maybe some out in the sun?
I will try and take some later today and either post them up or send them to you.

Quick Reply: Austin, TX 1999 Ext Cab Silverado. Tons of aftermarket mods. $3500