Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4

Thinking about possibly selling or trading my 2003 extended cab short bed Duramax. Truck is 4x4 with the Allison 5 speed automatic trans. Has 254,000 easy highway miles. I have an entire binder full of receipts on this truck. Truck is originally from Kentucky, clean carfax, never been hit, clean title in hand. Has small spot that just started bubbling on rear drivers side rocker. Everything else is solid. Here's the upgrades and maintenance done:

-All 8 new injectors professionally installed at 220,000
-Fass titanium 150 lift pump installed at same mileage. (saves injectors)
-MBRP 3" downpipe to a Magnaflow 5" straight pipe, stock location exit.
-Caltracs traction bars
-All 4 new Bilstein 5100 series shocks as well as Bilstein steering stabilizer
-Brand new Mastercraft Courser AXT all terrain tires 315/70/17 (less than 500 miles on them)
-Fresh front end alignment
-Method mesh 17x9 wheels
-All brand new MOOG upper and lower ball joints
-new MOOG pitman and idler arm
-Rare Parts HD tie rods
-Merchant automotive leveling keys
-New GM waterpump, serpentine belt, thermostats, idler and tensioner pulley.
-New GM intermediate steering shaft and steering column bearing.
-New GM fuel pressure regulator
-New GM flexplate and Mean Green high torque starter
-AEM brute force HD intake, Alligator performance turbo inlet bell
-PPE boost increase valve, air intake heater delete
-Banks free flowing 3" intercooler tubing and hoses/clamps
-EFI live tuning by Kory Willis with 5 position switch on the fly
- Tunes are 15/30/60/90/120 horse. I daily drive almost always on 60.
-Weathertech floor liners front and rear
-autometer factory match boost and EGT gauges. (EGT needs tapped yet)
-Billet grille, color matched rear bumper, tinted windows.
-Billet aluminum adjustable hitch and low profile black diamond plate tool box.
-Black diamond plate tailgate cap and bed rails.
-New radiator
-Fresh coolant, front and rear differentials changed to synthetic, transmission changed to synthetic, I run Rotella 5w40 synthetic and change every 4,000 miles. Fuel filter gets changed every 8,000 along with transmission filter. Truck really does run and drive great. Was told the transmission was rebuilt at 200,000 with a stock rebuild and transgo kit but I do not have paperwork on that.

It does have 254,000 miles so the body and paint isn't perfect but it is still very respectable for a driver. There are some small dings here and there, tailgate has a couple scratches on it. The A/C needs charged and the drivers side seat is ripped and needs redone. Some say you may need to install a fuel sump kit after you run a FASS lift pump because it will drain the fuel bowl at 1/4 tank.... I just fill up at 1/2 tank and was planning to install a fuel sump in the future. They sell kits for a reasonable price and you dont have to drop the tank at all.

Been an excellent truck, just looking to possibly downsize. . Asking $13,500 OBO. Located in South Bend, IN. Will entertain trades.
Attached Thumbnails Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax19.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax18.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax20.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax14.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax8.jpg  

Last edited by zrsnopro97; 09-05-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

more pictures
Attached Thumbnails Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax1.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax2.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax4.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax5.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax10.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax11.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax12.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax15.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax16.jpg  

Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax17.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax7.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax9.jpg  
Old 06-23-2016, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Couple things I forgot:

I installed a new OEM alternator, new batteries 2 years ago, and a new OEM hydroboost unit.

Also couple more small flaws i forgot: Steering wheel needs a cover and ABS light is on. Never looked into because It gets stored during winter, most likely a wheel speed sensor or something small. Also the temperature read-out on the rear view mirror doesn't work.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax1.jpg   Clean Well Maintained 2003 Duramax 4x4-dmax2.jpg  
Old 07-04-2016, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

Default Your truck

Hi.
That's a very nice truck. I've been looking for a good truck as a second vehicle and to pull my utv around. You're a little ways away from me (I'm in Houston), but I'm still interested. Have you ever had it dyno tested or to a track? Is there any rust or problems with the Allison tranny (those make me a little nervous)? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I'm looking at more of a complete truck than a project. Either way, it's a beautiful truck. Oh, one last barely relevant question: what sort of fuel economy do you get?

Many thanks,
BJ

Originally Posted by zrsnopro97
Thinking about possibly selling or trading my 2003 extended cab short bed Duramax. Truck is 4x4 with the Allison 5 speed automatic trans. Has 252,000 easy highway miles. I have an entire binder full of receipts on this truck. Truck is originally from Kentucky, clean carfax, never been hit, clean title in hand. NO rust on rockers or cab corners. (They were scuffed and painted with POR-15 to preserve them). Here's the upgrades and maintenance done:

-All 8 new injectors professionally installed at 220,000
-Fass titanium 150 lift pump installed at same mileage. (saves injectors)
-MBRP 3" downpipe to a Magnaflow 5" straight pipe, stock location exit.
-Caltracs traction bars
-All 4 new Bilstein 5100 series shocks as well as Bilstein steering stabilizer
-Brand new Mastercraft Courser AXT all terrain tires 315/70/17 (less than 500 miles on them)
-Fresh front end alignment
-Method mesh 17x9 wheels
-All brand new MOOG upper and lower ball joints
-new MOOG pitman and idler arm
-Rare Parts HD tie rods
-Merchant automotive leveling keys
-New GM waterpump, serpentine belt, thermostats, idler and tensioner pulley.
-New GM intermediate steering shaft and steering column bearing.
-New GM fuel pressure regulator
-New GM flexplate and Mean Green high torque starter
-AEM brute force HD intake, Alligator performance turbo inlet bell
-PPE boost increase valve, air intake heater delete
-Banks free flowing 3" intercooler tubing and hoses/clamps
-EFI live tuning by Kory Willis with 5 position switch on the fly
- Tunes are 15/30/60/90/120 horse. I daily drive almost always on 60.
-Weathertech floor liners front and rear
-autometer factory match boost and EGT gauges. (EGT needs tapped yet)
-Billet grille, color matched rear bumper, tinted windows.
-Billet aluminum adjustable hitch and low profile black diamond plate tool box.
-Black diamond plate tailgate cap and bed rails.
-Fresh coolant, front and rear differentials changed to synthetic, transmission changed to synthetic, I run Rotella 5w40 synthetic and change every 4,000 miles. Fuel filter gets changed every 8,000 along with transmission filter. Truck really does run and drive great.

It does have 250,000 miles so the body and paint isn't perfect but it is still very respectable for a driver. There are some small dings here and there, tailgate has a couple scratches on it. The A/C needs charged and the drivers side seat is ripped and needs redone. Some say you may need to install a fuel sump kit after you run a FASS lift pump because it will drain the fuel bowl at 1/4 tank.... I just fill up at 1/2 tank and was planning to install a fuel sump in the future. They sell kits for a reasonable price and you dont have to drop the tank at all.

Been an excellent truck, just looking to possibly downsize. Would trade for a RCSB + cash. Asking $14,750 OBO. Located in South Bend, IN.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slomaro2
Hi.
That's a very nice truck. I've been looking for a good truck as a second vehicle and to pull my utv around. You're a little ways away from me (I'm in Houston), but I'm still interested. Have you ever had it dyno tested or to a track? Is there any rust or problems with the Allison tranny (those make me a little nervous)? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I'm looking at more of a complete truck than a project. Either way, it's a beautiful truck. Oh, one last barely relevant question: what sort of fuel economy do you get?

Many thanks,
BJ
I've never had it on a dyno or to the track, just been a daily driver for me. I wanted it to last so i didn't abuse it. If I had to guess on power I would say 410-430 horse and 725-775 torque on the hottest tune i have now. No real rust anywhere, I can post some pics underneath the truck tomorrow. Never had an issue with the Allison trans. Previous owner claimed it had been rebuilt but i cant confirm. Most people say they are good until you start pushing 90 horse over stock or sled pulling with them etc. Mileage is decent, i drive like a granny most of the time. Gets about 16-17 around town and 20-21 highway. Never checked while towing. I wouldn't call it a project but it is a 13 year old truck so if you really wanted to nitpick it you could. The worst part is the A/C needs filled and the drivers seat. Body is respectable but there are rock chips and half a dozen or so small dings and a couple small scrstches... it will make someone a good tow rig.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Bump, price is $13,500 OBO