Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

Feeler 99 Suburban K2500 Salvage

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts
Default Feeler 99 Suburban K2500 Salvage

$8500 as it sits now. Nice 1 owner suburban. We Special orderd this vehical New. I personal took this vehical and installed cavity Wax in all the lower body Panels to aid in preserving it for years to come and prevent rust since we intendid to keep it for ever.

Factory Options include:
454, Push button 4X4 (Not the common Floor shift) Indigo Blue paint with Light Grey leather interior, Factory running boards, 3rd row seating, Low Miles only 56,618 Original milages, CD , Rear AC, Rear barn doors

I Was/Am Restoring this back to Its former glory. It was way to nice to let go of !!! It was Rebuilt by me personally. I used only GM parts. No aftermarket Junk.... I am ASE, And I-car Certified In the Automtive Collision Repair. I hold many certificates in all aspects of Auto Repair.

I know every one is gonna say but it was wrecked...

Yes, but it did not have any Body structural damage wich is one of the Main reasons why I decided to by it back and fix it. It was hit in the Left front side directly in line with the Wheel basically a T-bone with th front have of the car. No A-pillar damage. It retains all factory original Glass, Air bags, and sheet metal... No Doors or Quarter panels were replaced, modified or other wise butcherd as they say.

Every thing up front is Basically brand new. I stripped and replaced all the suspension with Good Non wrecked/Damaged parts. Any parts that were Used were bead blasted clean and refinished to like factory or better. The upper and lower A-arms were bead blasted and powder coated Black. All new upper and lower Balljoints were installed, New Inner and outer tie rods, New Idler Arm and Drag link assembley, Center link. New Pollyeurathane Bushings upper and lower. They were properly greased before instalation. The front wheel drive case it self was replaced and I had it rebuilt Localy with new bearings, crush waser, and seals at J&S gear in Huntington Beach. I also installed New motor mounts and Relaced the frame. I measured and checked for straightness. I also sent the bare frame to a local frame shop to check and correct any possible issues. Then I cleaned the frame With a Hot Water High Pressure Washer to strip the factory wax like coating, grease, and dirt down to the clean Metal. That is the only way to make sure that there is no stress Cracks, hidden rust damage, or Bad welds on one of these Frames!!! Even under the factory wax type coating you will find surface Rust in certin areas!!! Then I sent it out and had it stripped By bead blasting it to clean and prepare it for The Epoxy coating. I then transfered all the parts over to the new frame one at a time to insure all the corect nuts and bolts were used in the correct locations.

Yes I take a lot Of pride in my Work!!!

~There are brand new Pads and rotors on the front. Back's are good but I have new shoes when the time comes.
~I have the original steel wheels and center caps. I installed Newer Aluminum Gm Wheels
~Every thing up front Is basically New being rebuilt or replaced.
~Used only GM Parts No aftermarket parts. Purchased most of the new part from CHEVYRACER83. Shannon Is a great guy to deal with and very knowledgeable!!!
~I have lots of extra Little odds and ends for this. Like all the Helm Factory Manuels and the Second edition up dates

Ok This Car still needs a wheel alignment, a Brake and Head Lamp inspection, and the last few parts installed. Which include the grill assembly, the rear wheel flairs. Then it needs to be re-registered through The DMV.

It has already been inspected by a peace officer and signed off. The grill assembly has to go on for the lamp and brake inspection since the turn signals are in it and it needs an alignment so they can make sure the brakes function properly which they do. We have the original LIC plates and all the documintation from the insurance company so that it can be re-registerd but it must get brake and Lamp inspection first and it may need to be inspected at the Local DMV in order to re-register it.

After speaking to my insurance company about assessing the value on a salvage vehicale like this, they say it basicaly worth about 75% of the blue book value. So at $14K they say it's worth about $10K.

If I finish it I will be listing it for 10K. It is cleaner then most any other vehical like it for that price or higher. Despite the fact it will have a salvage title. I would love to keep it but I can't even find the time to do the last few things to finish it up. Believe me I have been trying for like the last 4 months. It has been Safely stored indoors for the last year since it was wrecked. Please excuse the dust in the pictures I need to take it out and clean it off. I also have pictures from the tear down and rebuild process to verrify what I have said Plus I can also provide reciepts too if need be.

If there is any intrest contact me Via Pm. Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails Feeler  99 Suburban K2500 Salvage-suburban-repair-pass-side.jpg   Feeler  99 Suburban K2500 Salvage-suburban-repair-driver-side.jpg   Feeler  99 Suburban K2500 Salvage-suburban-repair-odometer.jpg   Feeler  99 Suburban K2500 Salvage-suburban-repair-new-tires.jpg   Feeler  99 Suburban K2500 Salvage-suburban-repair-rear.jpg