Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

FS: 2001 Modded Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2001 Modded Lightning

Allright guys, I thought maybe someday this day would come, but I didn't think it'd be this soon. Here's the details.

2001 Ford Lightning:

98,9xxx miles

Show:

Belltech 3/5 drop (modified 3/4 kit)
Clear Corners
Harley upper grill
"Grill Mod" lower grill
Shorty antenna
Expy rear door handles
Color matched 01 tail lights
Extang Soft cover
Expy Console
03 Steering wheel
Painted interior pieces
Painted wheels
Color Matched Fuse box cover
Color Matched Loom cover
Custom Radiator Shroud
Thunderform Sub Enclosure
Infinity Reference 10 in Subs

*My amp and Headunit will not be included in the sale. I can put the stock Tape Deck back in or wire the buyers head unit for them. Wiring for the amp will be left in place with the fuse pulled and placed in the glove box.*

GO:

Metco 6 lb QC lower pulley
Metco 2.8 upper pulley
Billetflow 100mm idler set w/ bracket
MAFia
JLP CAI
C&L intake tube
EGR delete
Diablo flip chip/ Sal tune (4lb and 6lb lower, both 92oct tunes)
Magnaflow Highflow Midpipes/Cats ( Now Gutted)
JDM Silverbullet catback with MAC tips
Lakewood traction bars
Summit Line Lock w/ independant arming switch and Momentary (Meets NHRA regs)
RUSlow Driveshaft loop
Strange adjustable rear shocks
RotorPro's Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS pads

I have owned the truck since December of 2004. I am I believe the Third owner. The previous two were both older gentlemen, so it saw an easy life before I purchased it. It was box stock when I got it. All of the mods were installed by either myself or Scott Dunn. Truck is October 2006 National Lighting Owners Club Truck of the Month winner. It is also featured in December in SVTPerformance's Lightning Calendar. This is a very well known truck both locally and nationally.

The truck has been maintained by me. Oil has been changed every 3k miles, tires rotated every 6k. I've tried to change the fuel filter every 10k miles, and it's about due for another one. Oil will be changed, as will fuel filter and plugs before delievery. Tires are roughly 55% or better. Brakes are just now a year old, so those should last you quite awhile.

The truck has been the victim of two hits and runs. No structural damage was done either time. The first time was the passenger bedside, which was professionally repaired by Shawnee Auto Body in Topeka. The second time was the drivers bedside, and I replaced the entire thing after having it matched by Shawnee Auto Body. Again, let me reiterate, no structural damage was done, nore were any mechanical pieces damaged, it was purely cosmetic. I have pictures of the drivers side damage if anyone wants to see it before and after.

TREATMENT:

Okay, so here's the skinny. I've done maybe 3 burnouts on the street with this thing. One donut session sending off the old tires. It has maybe 10 passes at the track (KCIR) and a handfull of street races on it. Other than that I baby this thing. Like I said, I intended on keeping it and treated it in such a way as so it would last. If anyone has any questions on how I maintained it or treated it, there's several guys on this board that could vouch for me.

It ran a best of 13.017@107.59 at KCIR last September. That was on a 4lb lower with fuel delivery issuse's (bad pump relay) and street tires. I'm fully confident that with the current setup and slicks, this thing is capable of running 12's all day long.

I'm asking 17k for it AS IS. It still books at 17.2 BONE STOCK according to NADA (NADA), so I think that's a fair price considering what you're getting. A 4lb lower ring will come with, along with shorter belt. I also have an extra set of tail lights that come with it. Stock hitch is removed and will be included with sale, as well as the spare tire. I also have a stock lower pulley and some C-notches for it, along with the stock front springs. All of it will come with. I figure if I'm getting out of the game, I'm getting out completely, lol. Won't really have a need for any of it without a truck to put it on.

I am NOT willing to part it out, and I'm pretty set on the price. I know what it's worth and I know what the buyer is getting, so DO NOT TRY TO LOWBALL ME. I am open to trades valued at roughly 3-4k.

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and hopefully someone see's something they like.

Rob
Old 09-06-2007, 12:02 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Dang man, I absolutely love that L. I'd take it in a heartbeat if I could. Good luck with the sale!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:50 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the sale Rob. Someone's going to get a very nice deal on a great truck!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful. I always wanted a lightning and even in silver. I wish I could swing it at this time.

bump for a nicely done truck!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Sad to see it go...If I didn't have my plate full I'd snap that L right up!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Very sweet truck Rob! Sad to see it go.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Interested in trading for the car in my sig?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks but no. I still owe money on it and I'm trying to lower my monthly overhead. The truck is my second biggest expense, so I'm not really trying to take on another payment. I would entertain something cheap if it interests me and it's btwn my price and the loan payoff....
Old 09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Bumpage.... No one wants a good deal on a semi fast truck?