Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

For Sale: 98 S10 2wd (perfect truck for lsx swap) MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: 98 S10 2wd (perfect truck for lsx swap) MA

For sale I have a 1998 Chevy S10 pick-up truck.
The truck is white with a tan and charcoal interior.
2.2 4 cylinder Automatic.
Manual windows, manual locks, power steering.
16x,000 on the body
unknown mileage on motor installed by previous owner

2000.00 obo
willing to negotiate

I picked up this truck not too long ago and I am currently daily driving it.

The previous owner lowered the truck with blocks in the rear and what appears to be springs in the front. In my opinion the front sits way to low, and the truck needs an alignment. There is not much suspension travel in the front so it rides a little rough. However, I believe the majority of the front end had been rebuilt (new calipers, pads and rotors. New ball joints, outer tie rods and etc). The rear needs leaf spring bushings (creaks whenever the body flexes going over bumps or into driveways...pretty annoying)

The truck has new tires on all 4 corners and a nice set of 15x7 polished aluminum wheels.

The body is extremely clean with no rust or rot anywhere on the floors, rockers or undercarriage. Doors are not sagging. Bed has a few dents and is a little beat up, but still presentable. Again, no rust anywhere, very clean for a new-england truck. Nice soft tonneau cover on the 6ft bed.

Front bumper and grill need some attention (i believe a few tabs are broken on the grill and the lower bumper valance is cracked from being so low) Truck needs a windshield (cracked across the passenger side), we can negotiate getting it replaced or leaving as is into the sale price...

Interior is in very fair condition as well. The dash i believe is crack free. The drivers door panel has a little sun fade by the window. I installed blazer bucket seats and console and wired up the power and lumbar function on the seats using all GM connectors, the wiring looks 100% OEM, and the cabin is far more comfortable.

There is a nice Eclipse CD player installed with auxillary input. There are also Polk DB speakers in the front doors.

All and all, this is a really nice commuter truck for the money. Mechanically the truck runs great. transmission shifts nice and the motor purrs. There is a check engine light for the rear o2 sensor. This would also make the perfect drag truck if someone was looking for a clean chassis to cut up, or a beautiful start for an LSX swap.

If you are looking for something to put very little money into, this is your ticket. Like I said, I drive it every day, and it has yet to fail me. Very dependable transportation. It certainly needs some stuff fixed, but if your handy, just tinker as you drive.

2000.00 obo as is
willing to negotiate

Last edited by bfurches; 07-22-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

PM sent
Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Damnit. I just spent the money I had for a LSx drag truck on a vacation.