Sct Dyno Tune Day In Lexington, Ky!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sct Dyno Tune Day In Lexington, Ky!

So today I called the shop,said they could get the tuners for 469 and have them in next week. Add in 110 for an hour of dynotuning. GREAT I say..... Then 20 min later he calls back. Says SCT is doiing this way different than Ford of Chevy products. He has to pay 2500 dollars up front for EACH license. IE, one for srt4, one for dodgew trucks, one for hemis, one for vipers, etc and he of course doesnt see enough to justify that.... The lady said EVENTUALLY theyd put it a similiar fashion to Ford/GM where the buyer would just have to pay 100 bucks to purchase a license.... Eventually = years I'd guess
One thing I'm thinking, if I can get ~10 trucks from surrounding areas to meet up for a dyno andf tuning day, each paying for tuners (may be cheaper than 469 with so many buying a tuner), 110 for the dyno tune, and around 200-250 for the SCT use. This'd of course be all Rams, Dakotas, Durangos, Jeeps etc to 03. So total with tuner would be around 800.

Also, I'll be trucking a special tuner in. He is a GENIUS with tuning. He makes lsx cars go as much as 1 sec quicker and 5-10mph quicker in the 1/4. EVERYBODY who has their rides tuned by him is AMAZED. Best of all, his personal hotrod is a 94 Dakota with a 360 and 727 swapped into it (Magnum), came out of his 97 swapped truck after he wrecked it. Also has a low 13 s/high 12 neon with small shot of spray and bolt ons.

Get this, he was frustrated a couple years ago he couldn't control the fuel on his Magnum 5.9, so he somehow modified it to run an ECU off of a 94 Vette to control his injectors, therefore he can tune it to an extent. He's that smart. The truck ran 12.3@108 with ported stock heads, small cam, etc.

So, if you definately wanna get your rig professionally dynotuned, with up to 3 custom tunes stored on your handheld tuner (Na, nitrous, fuel saving maybe?) for ~800 dollars total, PLEASE post up. Gettign the shop to agree may involve prepaying for the tuners (so 50 people will say they for sure want in, he orders, and 20 drop out) to show him we're serious.

I sure hope we can get the truck together, the more the merrier! Although I'm not sure how many trucks they can do in one day, and the tuner has to come from Ashland which is ~2 hours away as well, so he'll probably only be available for one day. They of course have their great in-house tuners as well, but for this dyno day with him I may have to limit to 15-20 or somewhere around there, so in this case it's first come first serve tot hose who say they're FOR SURE in, then if one oft hose drop off, we'll go down the list. Like I said, future single dynos or days can be setup with their tuners.

Hell, I mgiht be able to get some knocked off the 110 dyno price with this many cars too!

I'd LOVE to have at least 10 for sure and ready to order tuners by Monday so I can call and get things in motion and get the software shipped to the shop to tune.

So, takers?