Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

1/4 mile and hp/tq estimates for my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 mile and hp/tq estimates for my truck

I have a 02 silverado extended cab with 35'' tires 4.88 gear ratio with 9.5 semi float rear, weighs 5500 lbs, vpi cold air intake, granetelli maf, hypertech hyperpac. The hyperpac (now that I think I've finally got it tuned as correctly as possible) says I'm running 16.7 quarter mile time with 2.5 60 foot times and making 194 rear wheel horsepower most of the time. that's with a warm day and high humidity like 100 percent . Does this sound right to you guys I'm feel like its stronger than that lol and I beat v6 mustangs and new stock silverados and f150 s with the same mods as me basically. Is the hyperpac off or are all the cars and trucks I've beaten under 200 HP like mine lol. Literally new silverado with the sticker in the window pulled up beside me and I beat him by 2 or 3 car lengths to 60 mph are those new trucks really that overrated, the guy stopped and talked to me it was a 5.3, ext cab with 3.73 ... Then again I've seen the hyperpac say 300.5 HP 346.6 ftlbs at the crank before too I just want a good idea of where I'm really sitting thanks in advance
Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to a track and see what it does..
You really dont have any mods that add hardly any power, maybe just a tad over geared but it should help a ton with them heavy tires.

Where are you from?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Teching In

From east nc the nearest 1/4 mile track is quite a ride, pretty much outta the question, I kinda figured that'd be the first suggestion, and I know I don't have any boost or n20, just wanted a answer like "ive got a similar setup to u I got ___ on the dyno and run this quarter " just a rough baseline, cause the hyperpac is just too inaccurate I've gotten 200 HP results one day 300 the next and 200 the next without touching the program so I know better than to believe it and I'm just wondering what other people have gotten with similar mods to mine, soon ill get longtubes custom tune and a 125 shot so I can make the mustake oops I meant mustang drivers kinda sick, and I'm ditching the tcase and front diff with flt stage 5 trans ill hopefully be light and fast by then ,,, to be what it is of course
Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, you probably aren't making much more power than a stock setup. Not trying to be discouraging, but it is what it is.

My 03 stock made 24xWHP and 28x TQ. You are probably in the same realm. Maybe 260/300.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Funkster
Honestly, you probably aren't making much more power than a stock setup. Not trying to be discouraging, but it is what it is.

My 03 stock made 24xWHP and 28x TQ. You are probably in the same realm. Maybe 260/300.
X2..with those mods there is no reason you should be beating a new truck with a 5.3.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

i have exhaust/cai/blackbear tune with 35's and stock gears and im only as fast as a stock truck same everything as mine (5.3/4l60e/3.73/ecsb/4wd) but he had 285's for tires. he beat me off the line but since i shift at 6k i got a nose on him. it sucks to hear but your probably the same as a stock truck.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Launching!

where at in east nc?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Greenville and I figured I was just a little over a stock truck of the same year but I didn't think the new ones were quite as slow as the 02s just sayin I figured that I would have gotten stomped but I came out good maybe it was a lemon Idk. But I'm gettin headers in a few weeks probably goin with the obx brand longtubes which tune do you guys recommend since the hyperpac is so limited ill have to go custom to keep the check engine light off while catless. I'm thinkin nelson, anything cheaper and better, or better and same price
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silveradorealist
Greenville and I figured I was just a little over a stock truck of the same year but I didn't think the new ones were quite as slow as the 02s just sayin I figured that I would have gotten stomped but I came out good maybe it was a lemon Idk. But I'm gettin headers in a few weeks probably goin with the obx brand longtubes which tune do you guys recommend since the hyperpac is so limited ill have to go custom to keep the check engine light off while catless. I'm thinkin nelson, anything cheaper and better, or better and same price
If it was a new 5.3 truck, he was probably unaware he was in a race.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

take all your "performance" upgrades and sell them, then buy real performance upgrades and see the difference
your truck is basically stock except you wasted money
the gears are the only real mod you have and a very good one.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile and hp/tq estimates for my truck