Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2bar MAP tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2bar MAP tuning

i'm meeting up with my tuner and we're going to work together on converting to a 2bar setup on my truck this weekend. anyone have any advice for me on this? tips or tricks?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
i'm meeting up with my tuner and we're going to work together on converting to a 2bar setup on my truck this weekend. anyone have any advice for me on this? tips or tricks?
My suggestion, keep the MAF in the system and just have it fail over when you pass a certain frequency. Your overall drivability (especially in throttle transitions) will be much better with both systems in play.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:55 AM
TECH Resident

My suggestion is that you send me a copy of your tune when you're done so I can see what all is different. I gotta get my HPT cable in the mail so I can upgrade to the MPVI so I can log with my wideband and get some more credits to upgrade to 2 bar myself. I really like the idea of keeping the MAF as a failsafe. Would to descreen it as well to aid in airflow? It's probably not that much of a restriction anyway is it?

Dave
Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS
My suggestion is that you send me a copy of your tune when you're done so I can see what all is different. I gotta get my HPT cable in the mail so I can upgrade to the MPVI so I can log with my wideband and get some more credits to upgrade to 2 bar myself. I really like the idea of keeping the MAF as a failsafe. Would to descreen it as well to aid in airflow? It's probably not that much of a restriction anyway is it?

Dave
not really on the restriction. I didn't take notice where you leave, but I am mafless, but it is all intact so I can go back to it for emmissions.

I love the idea of maf for a little bit then have it fail, but I spent so much time tuning with out it, I just gave it up. I might do that when emmissions come around again.

My only advise, if you haven't taken up drinkin, you will.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:18 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dc_justin
My suggestion, keep the MAF in the system and just have it fail over when you pass a certain frequency. Your overall drivability (especially in throttle transitions) will be much better with both systems in play.
This is how my tuning works.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Sorry to kind of hijack...
When you remove the MAF from the programming, it sounds like you guys are saying there is now NO fail safe. Do you mean if there was an issue with something the truck would not run properly and possibly self-destruct or not run at all kind of thing, or just a fail safe for drivablity issues and tuning errors?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by m7 rocket
Sorry to kind of hijack...
When you remove the MAF from the programming, it sounds like you guys are saying there is now NO fail safe. Do you mean if there was an issue with something the truck would not run properly and possibly self-destruct or not run at all kind of thing, or just a fail safe for drivablity issues and tuning errors?
It's not really a failsafe. With the MAF in play, when measurements exceed a certain level, the input from the MAF is deemed to be out of range and is to be ignored. At that point, the PCM will ignore the MAF input and "fail over" to the VE table exclusively for fueling.

With the MAF removed, you are always running off of the VE table.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dc_justin
It's not really a failsafe. With the MAF in play, when measurements exceed a certain level, the input from the MAF is deemed to be out of range and is to be ignored. At that point, the PCM will ignore the MAF input and "fail over" to the VE table exclusively for fueling.

With the MAF removed, you are always running off of the VE table.
Thanks

So do you know if this affects the stock fail safe, like when a sensor fails it will still run, just not as efficient as normal?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Notorious BIG

hey guys, just realized, am i going to have to go vacuum mod for my tranny now since i'm going 2bar. i do plan to keep my maf so will this work?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by Holty
hey guys, just realized, am i going to have to go vacuum mod for my tranny now since i'm going 2bar. i do plan to keep my maf so will this work?
never heard of such a thing.

Quick Reply: 2bar MAP tuning