Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2bar MAP tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
hey guys, just realized, am i going to have to go vacuum mod for my tranny now since i'm going 2bar. i do plan to keep my maf so will this work?
You won't have to do a vacuum mod. MAF is not directly linked to Trans in any way on our trucks. On older tunes a lack of a MAF would send trans to full line pressure, but you can tune around that also.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by dc_justin
You won't have to do a vacuum mod. MAF is not directly linked to Trans in any way on our trucks. On older tunes a lack of a MAF would send trans to full line pressure, but you can tune around that also.
I just noticed that 2002 back tunes have the trans diag/MAF dtc table but 2003+ doesn't. So....it doesn't matter? Trucks don't increase pressure on the failure? I remember when I first started tuning everybody bitched about it, but I never experienced it...it being line pressure increase.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you have to go vacuum mod...you are changing the operating system by going 2 bar...in essence rescaling the 5v signal so the VCM knows how much vacuum/boost you have. Why wouldn't the trans shift right? Just wondering I haven't ever heard of this either

Dave
Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS
Why would you have to go vacuum mod...you are changing the operating system by going 2 bar...in essence rescaling the 5v signal so the VCM knows how much vacuum/boost you have. Why wouldn't the trans shift right? Just wondering I haven't ever heard of this either

Dave
I just talked to him, he was confusing some information..call it cross confusion. LOL

BTW bowtie, I think I just downloaded your tune off of HPT...yep Dave 8psi radix. How recent is that tune?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I just noticed that 2002 back tunes have the trans diag/MAF dtc table but 2003+ doesn't. So....it doesn't matter? Trucks don't increase pressure on the failure? I remember when I first started tuning everybody bitched about it, but I never experienced it...it being line pressure increase.
I'm in the same boat, Head a lot about it, but never experienced first hand....
Old 10-20-2006, 06:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I just talked to him, he was confusing some information..call it cross confusion. LOL

BTW bowtie, I think I just downloaded your tune off of HPT...yep Dave 8psi radix. How recent is that tune?

That tune wasn't right...I tried to get them to take it down. I have a much better one down. That one had some flaws including the PE enable. I no longer have that engine or cam. I have figured out lots since then, I also have another mod (fans). If you want a copy of my latest one let me know

Dave
Old 10-20-2006, 06:10 AM

PM'ed ya Dave! Thanks!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by dc_justin
thank you, it makes sense now. thats what i was worried about. i "heard" that 2bar would cause tranny to go full line pressure and thought only way around that was to go vac mod. thanks for setting me straight.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Notorious BIG

dewey, you are da man! thanks for your tuning advise.

i love you man! lol
Old 10-20-2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Holty
dewey, you are da man! thanks for your tuning advise.

i love you man! lol

Quick Reply: 2bar MAP tuning