Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2bar OS - Alky injection tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:41 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turn off PE.

With a 2bar SD tune, PE is redundant anyway.

Here's my method (but utilizing EFI):
1) tune for non-boost VE
2) tune for boost without meth
3) enable the meth and back out the boost VE table until I hit 11.5:1.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so for hpt.....zero out the pe table? So it will pick the BE table....hmmm.

****EDIT****redundant? what if you are OL and up in rpm but not map? At 100kpa 3500 rpm I'd like a little richer scenario than 14.7. This is easily accomplished with a working PE table. Tip into boost and let BE handle it. Seems on the street, even with the radix I can get some rpm's but no boost or very little. Seems pe is only redundant if you are in boost.

Last edited by dewmanshu; 01-08-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by dewmanshu

****EDIT****redundant? what if you are OL and up in rpm but not map? At 100kpa 3500 rpm I'd like a little richer scenario than 14.7. This is easily accomplished with a working PE table. Tip into boost and let BE handle it. Seems on the street, even with the radix I can get some rpm's but no boost or very little. Seems pe is only redundant if you are in boost.

Or use PE as an intermediate fueling, to handle something like 90-110kPa. Rather than use PE for your final fueling, have it command something like you would see on a n/a setup. 13:1 up to 110kPa, then BE to richen up a tad more before leaning back out to account for meth.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Moderately Differentiated

That's howI use mine, PE 85 to 105kpa, PE actually RPM based, but I have BE to not kick in until 110kpa. I guess that'd work fine, if you are lucky enough that incorporating your alky gives you a BE target richer than your PE in those same rpm regions.

Just keep the PE target at 13.5 to 13.6 and you should be fine if like you said 13.2 is your finally adjustment on the BE. 13.2 is richer than 13.5.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Hello Dave

That's howI use mine, PE 85 to 105kpa, PE actually RPM based, but I have BE to not kick in until 110kpa. I guess that'd work fine, if you are lucky enough that incorporating your alky gives you a BE target richer than your PE in those same rpm regions.

Just keep the PE target at 13.5 to 13.6 and you should be fine if like you said 13.2 is your finally adjustment on the BE. 13.2 is richer than 13.5.
Very nice.

Oh, and for the record, your avatar scares me.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

*IF* you are using a 2+ bar SD tune. I just read the bit about HPT only giving you one row in that table... That really isn't a multi-bar tune -- that's a 1 bar tune with a boost ref'd (instead of rpm) PE table.

But, the principle still holds -- if you use the BE Table, then the PE table is redundant (or vice versa). K.I.S.S. principle in action -- make your boost fueling decisions in one place, and make them easy to tune.

I haven't had a PE table turned on for years. Basically I do all my fueling calcs from the VE table (which for EFI custom OS is two full range VE tables -- one for vacuum to atmospheric, and one from atmospheric to 3 bar).
Old 01-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
I haven't had a PE table turned on for years. Basically I do all my fueling calcs from the VE table (which for EFI custom OS is two full range VE tables -- one for vacuum to atmospheric, and one from atmospheric to 3 bar).
And I work that differently (obviously, our setups are grossly different). I prefer to use the Commanded Fuel x rpm table to set me up for smooth transition into boost a 12.5-13:1, and have PE kick in at 120kPa to richen it up further. I've found that I end up with poor performance at 100-105kPa if I'm at the full 11.x:1 that I run at full boost.

Given that I'm not using meth though, that would alter things a bit, as I assume you don't have to be as rich.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

That's true. I also slowly ramp up in the commanded fuel table prior to hitting 105kpa, so that it isn't a big shock to jump to 11.5:1. Essentially that's what you are doing with the PE (if I'm understanding you correctly) and then buffering for fuel shortage (which I do with meth )
Old 01-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
That's true. I also slowly ramp up in the commanded fuel table prior to hitting 105kpa, so that it isn't a big shock to jump to 11.5:1. Essentially that's what you are doing with the PE (if I'm understanding you correctly) and then buffering for fuel shortage (which I do with meth )
Yep, that's what I'm doing. I start to richen up slightly at 85kPa, then hit 12.3:1 by 105kPa. PE hits at 125kPa and drops the AFR to 11.7. Works well like this, but this is just a safe "hop in and drive" tune. Once I fix my fuel rail pressure inconsistencies, I'll go back through and re-work all of that a bit.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys just keep talking it up. Looks like I will be trying a couple different approaches.

Quick Reply: 2bar OS - Alky injection tuning