Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

98 1500 no dash lights/ tail lights HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 1500 no dash lights/ tail lights HELP

OK. So long story short buddy hit my front end one day . fender kinda scrwed but no serious damage. Got it fixed in nearly 2 hours and what not. But noticed my bottom lights and flasher bulbs were mostly gone well 3 of them to be exact. But I knew one or two were gone for a while. It didn't bother me I was gonna fix it. The dash lights and RUNNING night time tail lights still worked. All of a sudden when I was fixing the trucks fender grille etc.. Boom turned on truck and dash lights and running tail lights didn't work. Brake lights still worked even my dash warning battery ABS light still worked just not the background light... Now today I went to check any fuses were blown and nope there all fine. Also when I want to turn ethier left or right all the lights flash fast at the front. Yes. The blinker and the yellow fog lights what eber side im turning to...lmao. Although my low and high beams suffer no problems. I just find it so wierd that all of a sudden when just sitting they stop working. Also not sure if this helps. But my dash lights at back are LEDS but they didn't have any problems since I got them. And one of the electronical harnesses for the bottom yellow fog lights are burnt right out. Although I did wire it back to it cause before it was bare just touching metal. That's what I thought the problem was lol

Please someone help me. I'm very confused. Love this truck and don't feel like bringing it into a shop that will charge me up the **** for lights
Old 10-21-2015, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like you have a wire pinch somewhere which side got hit??