Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

ABS/Brake Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/Brake Warning Light

OK, I have seen a few other posts similar to this but I wanted to ask anyway. I swapped from 3.23 to 3.73 several days ago and immeadiately reprogrammed PCM with Diablo to correct for gears. I have put at least 100 miles on the truck since swap without any problems. Today I was hammering the truck into curve and it was very bumpy. As soon as this happenned these lights both lit up. I have reset PCM and returned truck back to stock program. I still have these lights come back on after 5 min or so of driving. I am guessing something came loose but not sure. I also noticed coolant leak so i dropped my truck off at dealership tonight for Monday service. Truck only had 1500 miles on it. Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

I cant believe noone replied to this. Dealer couldnt figure out the issue. I told them that I swapped gears from 3.23 to 3.73 and that tires were swapped from 245/75 to 265/70. Of course after i said this the dealer stopped looking and charged me $100. Light has remained off for 100 miles but I figure my time is limited. Has anyone else had problems with these lights as a result of gear swaps? I thought my diablo would correct for gear change and keep these lights from coming on?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

The lights are on because the PCM and ABS computer have different tire sizes and final drive ratios programmed.

I'd hate to say it, but you'll need a dealer to reprogram the ABS computer to properly accomodate your setup.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Fast lane preferred

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tohigh4you
I cant believe noone replied to this. Dealer couldnt figure out the issue. I told them that I swapped gears from 3.23 to 3.73 and that tires were swapped from 245/75 to 265/70. Of course after i said this the dealer stopped looking and charged me $100. Light has remained off for 100 miles but I figure my time is limited. Has anyone else had problems with these lights as a result of gear swaps? I thought my diablo would correct for gear change and keep these lights from coming on?

The diablo should but it depends on what version of the software it has. I had the same problem. If you have an older version of the predator and have your original receipt then you can send it to them for the upgrade for free. No receipt and you have to pay them $100.

The way I did it was to program a tire size in that matched what I needed the rpm to be with my gear at a particular speed. I used an online calculator to do this. With a 24" tire 4.10 read within 1-2mph off, it was about 10 mph off at highway speeds.

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

Now the problem may actually be your abs sensors since it started after some hard driving. My lights came on after my swap pretty quickly not 100 miles.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. The predator should be current Rev because they just released the predator for 2006 models in March; however, I will contact predator if the ABS lights return. The thing that is strange is that I ran the 87 octane tune for almost 200 miles, then I swapped to 93 octane tune and then within 10 miles i threw the ABS code. Now this could have been pure coincedence but I am not so sure. I am currently running 87 octane tune with modified param. for 3.73 and now tire size. I have went about 150 miles w/o error. I plan on switching to 93 octane tune and see if problem returns in a few days. With the price of super in DFW ($3.03 last night) I am not in a real hurry.