Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Almost 140K on stock O2s

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i have the aeroforce gauges what should i look for to make sure they are on point? My truck seems to be gettin a little lazy as well.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:59 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking the same thing. I bumped bank 2 when i was taking out the y pipe last week, and have been watching it, but it seems to be working fine.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would personally replace them anyway!!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
How do you like the speed density tune? More consistent power? Mine loves to run good with a new tune, but after some miles it gets shitty.
I am not running a SD tune, i am running OpenLoop Maf, which means i am not running any trims... Mainly so i can command a leaner mixture in the cruise areas....

Your problem IMO is learning (PCM not your Intelligence) and not tuning the MAF and VE table... The reason i say this is because the way the VE table influences the airflow calculation while the MAF is turned on...

reason behind my thinking, look at the definition of B0120

Originally Posted by B0120 - RPM Threshold for Airflow Calculation
If engine speed is less than this value, then the PCM uses a dynamically calculated airflow value to determine grams of air per cylinder.
While the airflow is in a "steady state", then a correction factor is updated based on the airflow difference between the MAF sensed airflow and the MAP calculated airflow.
During rapid changes in airflow, the correction factor is applied to the airflow calculations to compensate.

If engine speed is above this value, then the PCM will use the MAF sensor exclusively (if not disabled by DTCs) to calculate grams of air per cylinder.
No updates are made to the airflow correction factor.

So let me try to explain that. While your driving around the computer is calculating the difference between your MAF airflow and your VE airflow calculations/readings... This difference is added to the final airflow calcuation. Which if they are not BOTH tuning/scaled/adjusted properly there will be a difference, as time goes by this difference grows and it is added to the airflow calc. Thus making your airmass wrong, which makes your reference the wrong timing value... On a NA tune, TIMING=POWER(hp)....

Make sense....

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Go SD, without a doubt.
I don't think that is a good idea, he is not out flowing the MAF so no need to take it out of the airmass calcuation logic... IMO people who suggest this are not tuning the MAF and VE correctly (no offense).... As long as your not outflowing it, the screen is still attached and it is working properly, then there is NO REASON TO REMOVE IT

Last edited by BlackGMC; 12-18-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That makes sense corey. Once I figured out why the hell my wideband isn't working, and get it wired right to hook it up to EFILive, I will start working on it. I have a few days off next week, so I'll probably get to work on it then.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Resident Retard

I believe i will be off mon-Weds next week if you want to stop by....
Old 12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I believe i will be off mon-Weds next week if you want to stop by....
Sounds like a plan

Let me know when you're not busy with the Wife, I know it's xmas week so you've probably got a lot on your plate already haha.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Sounds like a plan

Let me know when you're not busy with the Wife, I know it's xmas week so you've probably got a lot on your plate already haha.
She leaves Saturday mid afternoon ....
Old 12-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
She leaves Saturday mid afternoon ....
Haha sweet. Gonna send you a PM in a sec
Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_justin
How do they look as they warm up? Once they start moving, do they immediately hit their full range (0-900) or do they start oscillating by 50-100mv, then slowly work their way up to full oscillating range?
+1...if they're lazy like you said, I'd replace them

Quick Reply: Almost 140K on stock O2s