Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Announcing Pre-Orders for HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.1 and new MPVI interfaces!!

HP Tuners is pleased to announce pre-orders and upcoming release of VCM Suite v2.1 which includes the new MPVI (USB) interface! This release is bursting with new features designed to make tuning easier and more flexible. Including features such as new software licensing, new credit based vehicle licensing scheme and LS2/LS7 vehicle support, VCM Suite 2.1 is an essential item for any tuner.

press release

discussion forum

enjoy

Bill
Old 02-01-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

You just had to mention it...

Within 15 minutes of reading this i find myself buying a LC-1 wideband and preordering a cable upgrade...

And i wanted to save some money this year...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
And i wanted to save some money this year...
sorry, look at it this way theres always next year
Old 02-02-2006, 02:07 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well HPT is now screwing us over they use to give us two licenses for the year/model now oyu ahve to purchase more credits to be able to get the same thing you used to. HPT is getting greedy I hope EFI live steps up and knocks HPT down a little. Thats jsut stupid you cant even get the license for two vehicles you have to pay 200 bucks extra rip off IMO.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have version 2.0, if i want to step up to v2.1 and tune a 02 mustang when the the software becomes available will i have to shell out $499 or will my 2.0 provide some credit?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 5.3 racer
i have version 2.0, if i want to step up to v2.1 and tune a 02 mustang when the the software becomes available will i have to shell out $499 or will my 2.0 provide some credit?
*Taken directly from the press release*
Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Std upgrade - $149 (user must pay shipping for returned serial unit)
Serial Std/EIO to MPVI Pro upgrade - $199 (user must pay shipping for returned serial unit)
Also something else to note regarding old users and licences.

Existing customers will be able to upgrade from their Serial interfaces to the MPVI and transfer existing licenses to the MPVI.
So those of us who have for whole model years atleast get to keep our current licences with the MPVI system.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Well HPT is now screwing us over they use to give us two licenses for the year/model now oyu ahve to purchase more credits to be able to get the same thing you used to. HPT is getting greedy I hope EFI live steps up and knocks HPT down a little. Thats jsut stupid you cant even get the license for two vehicles you have to pay 200 bucks extra rip off IMO.
keep in mind hpt is now offering 4 vin locked licenses with the enhanced version with basically an unlimited amount of vins allowed on each unit...efi gives you 2 with a 25 vin limit on their units which you'd then have to buy a new one. There are many many reasons why they changed but honestly most users buy it to tune their car and thats it...if you've got 3 friends with completely different cars now they all can get tuned rather then having to spend $199 on an extra year locked licenses...for most users the new pricing is beneficial.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

It can be better or it can be worse, depends on what others around you are driving. I don't see myself upgrading to the new interface, the only benifit personally would be the usb (no more adapter). Down side is if I want to add a new license, now it'll cost me $250 for the first VIN ($150 cable/software upgrade, $100 for two credits) whereas before it was $200 for an entire year/type.

like I said, personally it doesn't matter, but new users are actually getting a good deal in most cases.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your not losing a license, they give you 8 free credits to use anyway youd like. Which translantes into the 2nd vehicle that would normally come with your package.

chris
Old 02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

so if i read right, i cant send back my 1.7 version serial cable till march to upgrade to the 2.1 usb mpvi??

and my input on this is i've been one of those users since the very first day, where i got only 1 year for 500, then the changed it to 2 years 500, i lost out... now its back to one year 500 and each additinal is 300, to many changes, that have been worse for me and again loosing out.. sucks..

Quick Reply: Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!