Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

woohoo! new stuff!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Where on there do you see you can buy the old serial setup with enhanced interface and two licenses for two year models of vehicles?
bump? Mark where?

HPT guy so can we buy the old setup with the serial connection and get the licenses the old way. I care nothing about having this MPV stuff I am only going to be tuning my truck and any other GM trucks not fords or dodges and the adapter thing doesnt bother me.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just skimmed the website, and correct me if I'm wrong: But it looks as though you can't log with V2.1. Is that true? Do you have to buy an extra "package"?

I for the life of me, can't figure out why the hell you can't just pay $250-300 for 1 ******* vehicle. I don't need to tune two vehicles, and I think most of us on here don't either. It still seems like a big rip off to me, especially if you can't log.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Part of that cost goes toward the interface and software development. You get 8 credits with the initial purchase at $499, that leaves $100 left over for interface and software, I think that is way more than fair. Then you are only paying $100 after that for a single license, I'm not sure where you people get off thinking that this is unfair, but they do the best job of catering to everybody in the tuning market. And the scanner has NOT been done away with, its part of the VCM suite package and IMO the scanner is what sets it off from other packages. So dont worry, you keep all your logging capabilities!

As for being able to order the old interface, the serials will NO LONGER be shipped. They are stricktly shipping USB interfaces now, the upgrade costs apply to folks that have the serial interface now and want to switch to USB for the new vehicle types that require it.

Chris
Old 02-10-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by chrisj6
Part of that cost goes toward the interface and software development. You get 8 credits with the initial purchase at $499, that leaves $100 left over for interface and software, I think that is way more than fair. Then you are only paying $100 after that for a single license, I'm not sure where you people get off thinking that this is unfair, but they do the best job of catering to everybody in the tuning market. And the scanner has NOT been done away with, its part of the VCM suite package and IMO the scanner is what sets it off from other packages. So dont worry, you keep all your logging capabilities!

As for being able to order the old interface, the serials will NO LONGER be shipped. They are stricktly shipping USB interfaces now, the upgrade costs apply to folks that have the serial interface now and want to switch to USB for the new vehicle types that require it.

Chris
Soooooo......if I buy the $499 package, I can log and scan, and I also get $100 credit toward, lets say a wide band interface or a 2bar setup? If that's the case then I stand corrected. That seems like a pretty good deal. I still have no need for 2 vehicles though.

I just thought they were charging the same price for less being that its USB capable. At least that's how it looks when glancing at their site.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
Announcing Pre-Orders for HP Tuners VCM Suite v2.1 and new MPVI interfaces!!

HP Tuners is pleased to announce pre-orders and upcoming release of VCM Suite v2.1 which includes the new MPVI (USB) interface! This release is bursting with new features designed to make tuning easier and more flexible. Including features such as new software licensing, new credit based vehicle licensing scheme and LS2/LS7 vehicle support, VCM Suite 2.1 is an essential item for any tuner.

press release

discussion forum

enjoy

Bill
have they started shipping out the new stuff yet. i think im gonna get it for my truck and 04's