Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

:Bang Head: idling issues just may be solved

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have added a #6 from battery terminal to firewall stud. Then from that stud to a block under the dash. I have also come from firewall stud with #8 that goes all the way back to those relays behind my rear seat pictured above. Then at that location (rear seat) I T-tapped the #8 and hit the frame. I have also run new wires for my inline pump. #10's and I also hit the frame where the pump is located.

Explain to me how the strap can't touch the engine but the end of it where it's bolted to the block can? Also, how after hours of sitting the head now doesn't posses the opposite energy as that ground strap?

It ran like a raped ape last night. I am actually excited for once to take it to the track. Ofcourse as I type this I realize it will probably run like **** when I go start it up today. (Haven't done so yet)
Old 07-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Need More N2O Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have anything grounded to the heads?
Old 07-06-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by mwalls54
do you have anything grounded to the heads?
besides stock, no. I would of guessed that the stock head bolts were good enough.

I am gonna have to dig deeper. I have the voltage issue worked out but today it didn't want to idle. And I don't mean a bad RAF either, it's like nothing, no stumble or anything. I am guessing I have something burnt and touching that coil bracket. Fug I don't know.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn, Sorry to see you struggling with it. Wish I had some more input. I have no doubt it will stick out like a sore thumb when you find it.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something just hit me. Old coolant can hold energy/charge screwing up all kinds of stuff. Can't remember how to test for this. Will send an email to my buddy that told me about this.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:46 PM

I think I found the problem tonight. I thought I have found the problem like 7 times now, so I won't say just yet, but this one has "PROBLEM" written all over it. I'll report back after two days of testing. :BANG MY F-ING HEAD:
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha i like the way you hide it. I did the same thing. When i found my bad plug, i let the truck sit for like 2 hours before i started it after i replaced it
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 PM

LOL Yeah...this thing has whipped my *** for ever. All troubleshooting brings me back to the IAC. I had a "friend" put my blower on back in the day and he cut my IAC and TPS wires and then respliced them. I have looked thru those splices before and never found anything. Hell I redid them a few times. Well, I didn't dig into the main harness deep enough. I took all the wire loom apart and found a butt splice with the wire literally just laying in the butt splice. Works sometimes and not others...makes sense. I soldered the connection it's been great so far. I have some tuning to do now, it sputter and stalls from idle to go (red light green light) especially when it's cold. But that makes sense to me, I have been tuning around an actual mechanical problem all along.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes it is the simple little things that baffle us the worst, glad you found the bad splice!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats bro! Knew you would find it. Now get yours tuned so you can then tune mine!

Quick Reply: :Bang Head: idling issues just may be solved