Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Buying megasquirt-NEED SOME HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As stated...MS uses your old sensors. It can use pretty much any sensor thats already on your engine. You will just need to know some basics about the sensors (i.e grounds, resistance ranges etc). There are several versions of MS now. I am using MS1 with the MSnS firmware to control spark (though I have decided to go with fuel/nitrous only and letting msd handle the spark). MS2 has a few new features such as handling GM Dis systems.

I've helped and done several cars with MS and they have all ran pretty well. There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to tuning, but other than that it's straight forward.

Though I wish I would have waited till they came out with the better looking case for the MS1...

Here's some pics of mine..

Do yourself a favor and purchase the stim engine simulator. Makes it nice to practice tuning with.

Here's where I bought mine....
http://www.diyautotune.com/

The guy who runs it is excellent and very friendly and knowledgeable..I had my order in 2 days.