Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

cammed 6.0 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so to run closed loop do I just turn STFT to "disable"? Then what do I need to adjust to get the fuel trims right? this would be easier if you just emailed me.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

go to the help file in hp tuners to find out how to put it in open loop. do you have a wideband? i cant look at my personal email at work because its a government computer and i cant look at my work email at home because its a personal computer. its prolly a good thing but, a pain in the ***
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Un-Registered User

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=346549

read this. click on the idle tuning link and start there.also, you might wanna start over from stock.

also, this is a good one from hp tuners. make sure you read all the way down.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...8776#post78776

Last edited by mcfarlnd; 01-30-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

ok thanks man, I really appreciate it. I set up open loop thanks to Bill @ HPT and it idles pretty dam good now. On start up it may need a little more or less airflow but I will read thru those links. Thanks man. Looks like I wont be able to tune for a little bit tho so I have some time to ponder and all.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If it is dying right after you start it up, then it is your startup friction table. if it is not doing it when the truck is cold, but it does it when it is warm/hot, try increase the Hotter areas of that table a little bit. If you increase it to much it will flare BAD at startup and take awhile to come back down...

What size cam and converter are you running? Are you running off your old 4.8 tune? If so did you increase the motor size parameter (I can't remember the name and i don't have software installed on this laptop). Krambo did a idle tuning thread awhile back that really helped me, do a search under his name and idle.... Good luck.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Corey, that helps alot too. The truck more so doesnt like to run when its hot which I figure out as I was giving AJ his cable back. This whole thing gives me a fuggin head ache and Im not far from buying a mail-order . I keep hearing dont give up and get a wideband instead haha but its frustrating as hell. Charlie Wheatley, however, is fuggin awesome! he mapped me some MAF tables and Fuel Trim where its supposed to be, so as soon as I get my hands on a cable again I will give it a try and see how it works out. I really appreciate all your help guys. Getting more support then over on HPT.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

o and btw, no I based it off of a stock 00 Sierra 6.0/4L80e file I picked up on HPT. I am running the Lunati 221/221 .558 114LSA still. It lumps ok in the 6.0 but it wants more

and no converter. Im not real worried about WOT ANYTHING really yet because Im not gonna start flogging it till it has a couple miles, substantial idle tune, and the rest of the exhaust
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Un-Registered User

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
Thanks Corey, that helps alot too. The truck more so doesnt like to run when its hot which I figure out as I was giving AJ his cable back. This whole thing gives me a fuggin head ache and Im not far from buying a mail-order . I keep hearing dont give up and get a wideband instead haha but its frustrating as hell. Charlie Wheatley, however, is fuggin awesome! he mapped me some MAF tables and Fuel Trim where its supposed to be, so as soon as I get my hands on a cable again I will give it a try and see how it works out. I really appreciate all your help guys. Getting more support then over on HPT.
oh, i see, i guess im not good enough
Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
If it is dying right after you start it up, then it is

Krambo did a idle tuning thread awhile back that really helped me, do a search under his name and idle.... Good luck.

Hey thanks for the props, glad it helped. I have been thinking of posting the whole write-up over here...maybe I should...give me a couple of minutes...
Old 01-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by krambo
Hey thanks for the props, glad it helped. I have been thinking of posting the whole write-up over here...maybe I should...give me a couple of minutes...
Thank you for the write up, it really helped me, I spent hours and hours and hours trying to figure it out before I read your write up, plus the steps you put in there about the VE table were right on!

Quick Reply: cammed 6.0 help