Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Check out my tune. EFILIVe

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Make sure there are no air leaks after the MAF. Start with the factory spark tables until you get the knock sorted out. Is the vac/boost reference line connected to the FPR? Does your FP increase with boost?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
Make sure there are no air leaks after the MAF. Start with the factory spark tables until you get the knock sorted out. Is the vac/boost reference line connected to the FPR? Does your FP increase with boost?
There are no air leaks. I have played with the spark table and i still seem to have knock. The vac/boost is connected to the fpr. Last time i checked the FP increased at wot. Dont i have to add fuel somewhere since im running lean during boost. Dc justin said before that i should be at like 11.xx during boost. How do i do this. Shouldnt i get my fueling down and then move onto the spark table? Also what table should i mess with for spark and fuel?

Thanks george
Old 01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gao8302
There are no air leaks. I have played with the spark table and i still seem to have knock. The vac/boost is connected to the fpr. Last time i checked the FP increased at wot. Dont i have to add fuel somewhere since im running lean during boost. Dc justin said before that i should be at like 11.xx during boost. How do i do this. Shouldnt i get my fueling down and then move onto the spark table? Also what table should i mess with for spark and fuel?

Thanks george
From what I recall of my scan through your tune, your fueling was setup OK for running off the MAF. You have PE set to 11.XX and the enablers set to 40% TPS/55kPa. In your log the commanded AFR(GM.AFR:1) is 11.XX so the tune is good. Either there is more air or less fuel than the PCM is seeing/calculating.

If no air leaks, are you sure the injectors are 42's and the pump is keeping up?

Burst Knock is something else to look at but not until the fueling is taken care of.

Just my pre-coffee 2 cents worth. Maybe Justin will notice if there is something else significant in the tune as he is looking at them all the time.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
From what I recall of my scan through your tune, your fueling was setup OK for running off the MAF. You have PE set to 11.XX and the enablers set to 40% TPS/55kPa. In your log the commanded AFR(GM.AFR:1) is 11.XX so the tune is good. Either there is more air or less fuel than the PCM is seeing/calculating.

If no air leaks, are you sure the injectors are 42's and the pump is keeping up?

Burst Knock is something else to look at but not until the fueling is taken care of.

Just my pre-coffee 2 cents worth. Maybe Justin will notice if there is something else significant in the tune as he is looking at them all the time.
The fuel injectors i bought off DanalliHD a while ago. The walbro 255lph pump is brand new and im positive it is running. I will check the FP but it is way to cold out rite now. I guess i will just wait till Justin chimes in again. Thanks DrX for checking it out.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

it is way to cold out rite now.
Nice sunny day here...............
Attached Thumbnails Check out my tune. EFILIVe-weather.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking at your log there, I've really gotta think that you have a leak post MAF or the MAF is very dirty. You're in the upper 12:1 AFR range right now (still) which is almost certainly the major contributing factor to the KR. Is your MAF stock?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Looking at your log there, I've really gotta think that you have a leak post MAF or the MAF is very dirty. You're in the upper 12:1 AFR range right now (still) which is almost certainly the major contributing factor to the KR. Is your MAF stock?
What is an easy way to check for leaks and how do i clean the maf. I do have a k&n air filter i wonder if there is some oil on the maf. The maf is stock also. Thanks Justin
Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is an easy way to check for leaks and how do i clean the maf. I do have a k&n air filter i wonder if there is some oil on the maf. The maf is stock also. Thanks Justin
Pick up some MAF cleaner from your local auto parts store. Very easy to clean, just make sure you use the right stuff so that you do not have a residue left on the wires.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious....you said 42lb injectors right? What fuel pressure do these trucks run at?

Quick Reply: Check out my tune. EFILIVe