Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Climate Control stuck on defrost

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Control stuck on defrost

Hi guys this will be my first post on this website and i could really use some help because im out of ideas
INFO: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD with dual climate control

background: about a year ago the mode actuator started making a very loud clicking noise (like it was stuck going in one direction) and wouldent stop, for temporary it was unplugged (not by me) the owner of the truck asked if i could take a look and when i plugged it back in it continued the loud clicking. i unplugged it and bought a new mode actuator, upon re-instillation i pulled the fuse to the climate control so it would go through its re-calibration once plugged back in. got it all hooked up and screwed in and put the fuse in. upon turning the key on the mode actuator is supposed to go all the way one direction then back the other to calibrate its self, however all this one does is go all the way in one direction then stops and will do nothing from that point on no matter how many times you hit the button telling it to switch between face or floor etc, took it out re-clocked it put it back in and same thing. figured it might be the climate control so got a used unit and put it in and same thing again only goes the one direction and does nothing else. all other functions on the climate control work though (IE A/C, blower speed) im completely out of ideas being that the only two pieces in the functioning of this system should be the mode actuator and the control module, i also checked the flapper to make sure it moved freely and it moves in both directions just fine when the mode actuator is not installed. please help