Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Custom Tune emailed & Modified w/ Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Tune emailed & Modified w/ Predator?

Does any on know if you can save your stock tune to the predator, then email the stock tune to a custom tuner and have them modify it and email it back to you? Then upload the custom to the predator then to the truck?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Yes you can go to the www.diablosport.com. Click on the downloads then click on the predator then select your truck. After you select you truck year style and engine. It will go the next page scroll down to the bottom and click on download predator interface. At the very bottom you can download the instruction manual too. Then find a serial data cable (I bought one at wallmart). You save your stock tune to you're pc Its really easy to figure out after you download the software.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm intrested in doing my own tune also. Is there a best or worst HP tuner out there, or is it buyer beware? I'm also looking to get a scanner too. I heard alot about EFI live, is this a tuner or a scanner?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

If you want to do you're own tune you need to buy a hp tuner or efi live. With the predator someone else will do your tune and email it to you. You can make some small adjustments later to your shift points wot fuel and spark timming with the predator after you receive your custom tune. If you plan on going forced induction in the future you should check with the manufacturers recommended tuneing solution. You should also see what software the tuners in your area are using in case you want a dyno tune later. I plan to go with efi live as soon as the new version comes out we have a dyno shop nearby that uses efi live and the auto tune and 2bar sd will work well with my turbo.