Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

DBW takes off like a bat outta hell from a stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Take it to a dealer say I want PCM and TCM reflashed and it takes 20 minutes. The idiots shouldn't have a problem comprehending that no diagnostics required. Just a charge for labor to do the flash
Hah. You would be surprised.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you log the throttle position? I wonder what it is going up to when this happens.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:19 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If logging, I would log both ETCTP%(throttle) and ETCPP%(pedal) so you can compare to the tables in a stock tune. Might also log commanded/desired TP.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Hah. You would be surprised.
Thank You, seriously a lot of people have said to go the dealer, which I have and had the same result every time. They are complete morons.

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Can you log the throttle position? I wonder what it is going up to when this happens.
Honestly, I have no clue when it comes to tuning. Last ride out with my tuner, he said he didn't see anything on his laptop. I'm hoping/praying to hear back today or tomorrow about a friend of a friend. He does a lot of GM tuning.

Originally Posted by DrX
If logging, I would log both ETCTP%(throttle) and ETCPP%(pedal) so you can compare to the tables in a stock tune. Might also log commanded/desired TP.
I really wish I knew what you just said. Sh*t, I wish you were closer, I'd make a trip to your house.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I'm meeting with someone tomorrow, hopefully we'll get it figured out.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Those dipshits I know what they are doing dumbass flunky book technicians.

While in TIS they are selecting re program and it comes up and say's it's same calibration do not proceed forwards. GM software looks at CAL numbers but can't tell it's been altered. When they plug it into TIS they need to select replace and program module before hand then when they go forward it asks for VIN and you enter the VIN it ignores all current info on the module and completely rewrites it doing it this way using the latest cal files available for your VIN. They need to do this for the ECM and TCM and start fresh and it will be good to go.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Thanks 01WS6,
I'll bring this up, I just took a screen shot to show him exactly what you wrote.

I'm feelin pretty good about him, he's down to earth and doesn't talk a bunch of sh*t like the original shop.
I'm meeting him first thing in the morning so hopefully nooner or sooner it'll be all gone, hah.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the Torque Pro App for android. It's cheap, and will show you stuff like throttle position. Something is going on...
Old 10-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I'll check that app out. Thanks for the info.

I ended up meeting with him this morning. Went well, of course it would not duplicate what has happened or at least not as bad as it has happened in the past.
He did go through my tune and compared it to the factory tune. After going through it, he was happy with what they did. Made one suggestion in regards to my lock up speed. Otherwise, everything was fine.

Could the stall cause this kind of lunging? Its an FTI 2800/3k. I noticed when I turned my wheel my RPMs would go up a little sometimes more than other times. Could it have something to do with the hydraulics and stall? I'm pretty sure I don't have electric assist steering.