Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Denali had a Toyota moment

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denali had a Toyota moment

So I jam on the throttle for a few seconds from a stop light and when I let off the truck stayed wide open!! Scared the s#!t out of me, tapped the gas pedal, stood on the brakes and it was still stuck so I cut it off. I recranked it 3 times or so to find it still stuck. Floored the pedal with it off and recranked it and it was back to normal. After trying to recreate the scenario I couldn't get it to happen again thankfully but, I'm still worried it may happen again. Has anyone had this happen? The only explanations my tuner and engine builder could offer is that the ECM may be about to crap out and is acting demented before it crashes. Really? I need some answers, if this happens when my daughter is in the truck I will=
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

****!! Thats scary man! Could somebody explain to me why the hell those fukkwits that call themselves technical geniuses at all of these manufacturers decided to switch from a cable/bellcrank and spring throttle to an ETC?? "Better throttle control", they say!! Because us dumbass drivers don't know how to operate or own throttles?? Or, is it because we needed the increased danger and consequent liability to keep the legal profession alive??
Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check to see if anything is making the trottle plate stick also check your plug going into the TB and make sure its seated well. When GMs have an issue between pedal position and tb position it will throw a code and put then engine in "reduced engine power mode" along with a check engine light. It should drop its self to an idle to allow you to pull over with power steering and power brakes. I have had this happen to a friend and the safty system worked flawlessly several times. He would shut his truck off and it would return to normal for a few miles and do it again until he got it home.

If you can't find anything maybe the ECU is taking a crap or your program has something tweeked. If everything checks out get it to a dealership ASAP.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=470768