Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

DFCO after cam swap.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFCO after cam swap.

just trying to get my DFCO functioning again after my cam swap and wondering if someone could look at my settings and make sure they don't look ridiculous.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
CLSD Cam 03 Silv.hpt (502.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: hpl
To work Thursday.hpl (218.3 KB, 90 views)
Old 02-11-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Junkie

you have to adjust due to the lose of vac in the motor on decel. So just up the values to match when you drive and log.

rick
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I'm not of help Ryan, but I just realize how similar our setups are.
I need to run mine at the track still.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
you have to adjust due to the lose of vac in the motor on decel. So just up the values to match when you drive and log.

rick
Thanks Rick. That's what I have done and I'm getting close to having it work the way I want to again. Now I'm slowly working on getting the idle nailed down so I can go back to an OLSD tune. AFR at idle in closed loop is good but when I go to open loop it seems to be all over the place.

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Sorry I'm not of help Ryan, but I just realize how similar our setups are.
I need to run mine at the track still.
Ya they are pretty similar. I can't remember is yours 2wd or 4?
I'm ready to get to the track and see what kind of improvement the cam has made at full weight. Then I will probably go for a little weight reduction (skid plates and spare tire) to see what I can get it to run.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by truckmann
Thanks Rick. That's what I have done and I'm getting close to having it work the way I want to again. Now I'm slowly working on getting the idle nailed down so I can go back to an OLSD tune. AFR at idle in closed loop is good but when I go to open loop it seems to be all over the place.

I'm ready to get to the track and see what kind of improvement the cam has made at full weight. Then I will probably go for a little weight reduction (skid plates and spare tire) to see what I can get it to run.

Keep the MAF on it.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll give that a try. I just need to re-tune the MAF first, I had it turned on for a while and it apparently needs some work because my afr was not good with it. Oh the process never ends.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Just disable DFCO, it's a pain in the ***. It'll cause your AFR to go crazy under decell and for the lashing it adds to your drivetrain along with the heavy drag feeling it's not woth the hassle to tune it. My gas mileage never changed from having it turned on vs off.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by truckmann

Mine is 2wd
224/224 comp cam
pacesetter longtubes/ory
efans
ss3200
k&N intake
exhaust
EFI Live

I'm really hurting for traction though. My rear end is stock with an open differential, 3.42s, and I don't have a set of d/r's

I'm curious as to what you run so I know what to expect. I'm hoping for a 13.xx when I buy some 4.10's and a true trac.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Just disable DFCO, it's a pain in the ***. It'll cause your AFR to go crazy under decell and for the lashing it adds to your drivetrain along with the heavy drag feeling it's not woth the hassle to tune it. My gas mileage never changed from having it turned on vs off.
I would rather keep the DFCO. I'm not so much concerned with fuel milage savings as I am the decel function it provides. Greatly saves on having to use the brakes when out on the highway. Also if it is tuned correctly there should be no adverse affects to the drivetrain and the afr doesn't go "crazy" it does exaclty as it should and reads lean or my wideband will actually say "air" if I let it coast long enough. I almost have it working agian I just have to fine tune it a little to get it to work when I want it to.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Mine is 2wd
224/224 comp cam
pacesetter longtubes/ory
efans
ss3200
k&N intake
exhaust
EFI Live

I'm really hurting for traction though. My rear end is stock with an open differential, 3.42s, and I don't have a set of d/r's

I'm curious as to what you run so I know what to expect. I'm hoping for a 13.xx when I buy some 4.10's and a true trac.
Hmm not quite as similar as I thought. The Track doesn't open till March so I won't get a run in till then, but since my truck is a z71 I'm not sure how comparable the times will be. The couple of times I went to the track before the cam, I was only able to get a best of about 15.50, that was at full weight with all the skid plates, spare tire and some crap in the back seat. The truck definitely feels stronger now, but I don't think I will see 13's anytime soon.

Bigbadwolf54 had a ~13.92 with a similar setup as you before he went to the 6.0L.
His truck is ECSB 2wd and he had
about the same cam specs (I think it was a different brand),
pacesetter LT's/ory
4.10's and a tru-trac
WCCH heads
3400 stall
stock fan
stock intake

He was severely traction impaired on street tires so with good traction I could see 13.xx's out of your truck!

Quick Reply: DFCO after cam swap.