Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Diablo Intune problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I would have gone through the custom tuners like in my sig instead of the canned tunes the programmer updates have.. The canned tunes are too vague since they cover such a broad range of engines and each ECM and TCM meed imdividual tweaking .. It was well worth the extra $100 to get cust email tunes from Lew it makes a big difference over what the programmer does with just the canned tunes ... Maybe since swapping to the 6.0 its not reading/programming the ECM correctly .. If it still has your stock vin flashed on the ecm its trying to run a 5.3 ... Just a thought .. I kno a 5.3 tune should run in a 6.0 and vice versa but who knows??
Havent had any issues with intune or trinity .. Sorry for your misfortunes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Teching In

greasemykey:
Thanks for the info, I know we are not alone with problems with the Diablo Intune.
There are plenty of users having similar issues. A simple check of Diablos own forum will verify that.

I now have a Frost tune in my PCM, it works great. His service is second to none. All my transmission issues are gone.The truck runs fine, idles great,has more power than it ever did. I agree with your statement that you should use a custom tune.I would`ve saved some $$ any not have had to deal with the lack of service from Diablo. Yes, I learned my lesson.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Teching In

BIGDADDY1969:
Why would I give Diablo or any other company more money to fix something that is still under warranty? I gave them $389.99 for their Intune,which they either couldn't or wouldn't fix. I lost enough money and time dealing with Mike L at Diablo. My Frost tune was $150.00 plus $115.00 for a certified remanufactured PCM.That is still way cheaper than a Intune alone. And most importantly it WORKS.His service cannot be beat. I had my new PCM the day after I ordered it. I`ll never deal with or recommend Diablo again.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by billt3
BIGDADDY1969:
Why would I give Diablo or any other company more money to fix something that is still under warranty? I gave them $389.99 for their Intune,which they either couldn't or wouldn't fix. I lost enough money and time dealing with Mike L at Diablo. My Frost tune was $150.00 plus $115.00 for a certified remanufactured PCM.That is still way cheaper than a Intune alone. And most importantly it WORKS.His service cannot be beat. I had my new PCM the day after I ordered it. I`ll never deal with or recommend Diablo again.
Glad you got something that your satisfied with ... I'm still wondering if its the 6.0 swap thats causing issues since the intune reads the VIN and uses that to find the tune for it(which would be a 5.3 in the VIN) .. Sorry it didnt work for you and they/you couldnt find a resolution ..
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Teching In

I had spoken with a Sponsor on here about using the stock PCM with my swap. He told me that it would run ok. He didn`t think the displacement would make a big difference. But, it would run better with a custom tune. I`ve used the stock PCM and it will run the truck ok. The problem apparently was with the Intune or its program. Since I never received any help from Intune, I decided to go with a Frost tune. Another expensive lesson learned.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Since it`s been a month since Mike L from Diablo responded to my problems with a Notune, I decided to sell it. The new owner is using it for his Ford. I had explained what issuses I had with it.He told me that it is working fine.
THANKS MIKE AND DIABLO FOR YOUR LACK OF HELP OR CONCERN!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Teching In

After reading through this, it makes me think it was the engine swap that was the problem. Especially if someone else used it with no issues. Keep in mind, another sponsor said they "THINK" a displacement difference wouldn't be an issue. I personally find that hard to believe. What works well with one engine doesn't always work well with another. If it's tuning for what it thinks is stock, something is messed up. All in all, with your mods, a custom tune certainly seems to be the way to go, and it's nice to see you got it worked out. I'm just not sure bashing Diablo is worth it is all. That is unless they told you before buying the tuner that they could handle your mods.....
Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

the displacement issue shouldnt matter if the tuner can adjust the settings properly. i am running a 383 stroker on my factory 5.3 pcm and its tuned just fine. the difference is my tune was done using HP tuners and someone who knows what he was doing tuned it. best 600 i have ever spent on my truck was spent at the dyno. even if you dont know what youre doing when it comes to tuning just asking and watching a good tuner will teach you alot. hand held tuners are good for 2 things: wasting money and time. when i had my diablo i hated it. instructions were very vague and didnt explain what changing each function did and how it affected engine performance.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Teching In

tights24: My engine swap is very mild. The small change in displacement is almost meaningless to the PCM files.The cam I used is only 212*@.05 Intake Duration,the stock PCM files will handle a cam with up to 220* Duration. After 220* the files need work to run a cam over 220*,due to the lower Intake Vacuum and valve overlap.The only thing that needed adjustment was to adjust for the larger fuel injectors of the LY6. This is advertised and listed in the instructions by Diablo as a change that can be done by the Intune.The same goes for the changes I wanted to make to the Trans shift points and times. None of these worked and Diablo would not help fix the problem.If the Intune had worked as advertised,I would`ve kept it and not had to complain about them and their lack of Customer Service.As far as what the new owner of the Intune is doing,probably just running one of the pre installed tunes on his stock Ford.It has nothing to to do with my problems with the Intune.Iam rather new to the LS tuning area, but I have over 30 years building and tuning carbureted/FI vehicles.I have ordered HP Tuners for my own use. Hopefully that will save me some $$.It will also be a good learning experience.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Teching In

greasemykey:
Unfortunately, I don`t have any good tuners near me,I have to use a Mail Order Tune.
Frost has my truck running great for not being able to Dyno tune it.
You hit the nail on the head with:
"hand held tuners are good for 2 things: wasting money and time."