Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

does anyone know a cure for REP mode?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I increased that by 200%, and everything maxed out at 512. Still a no go, it revs up, then there is a pop that sounds like it is coming from the intake, then it goes into REP mode. I might just order the ls3 t body.

I thought the TB issue was when BOOST was forcing the TB open like a turbo or PC setup. A magnacharge only has vacuum at the TB... I may be wrong thou...
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I've read about it with Magnacharger as well. Probably the best thing to try first.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I increased that by 200%, and everything maxed out at 512. Still a no go, it revs up, then there is a pop that sounds like it is coming from the intake, then it goes into REP mode. I might just order the ls3 t body.

Gadgetized, be careful with just maxing out those tables as this pretty much eliminates the ETC safety strategy within the PCM. When you get your main problem taken care you can go and get a good log of a WOT run and then carefully go back over your log and see how much airflow you are moving thru your engine at all of the RPM breakpoints and adjust these tables accordingly to this data by just leaving yourself a bit of a cushion there.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
Gadgetized, be careful with just maxing out those tables as this pretty much eliminates the ETC safety strategy within the PCM. When you get your main problem taken care you can go and get a good log of a WOT run and then carefully go back over your log and see how much airflow you are moving thru your engine at all of the RPM breakpoints and adjust these tables accordingly to this data by just leaving yourself a bit of a cushion there.
Ok thanks. I decided to just order the LS3 T body to resolve this issue. Looks like it will be here after the holiday. I still wonder why there are problems with the 87mm T body. I wonder if it has anything to do with only opening to 98.8%. It seemed like I only got the problem at WOT.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

I put on the LS3 t-body, and it appears that the problem is gone.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dang man, gotta love a good active forum. Good info for people looking into maggies.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I have yet to get a REP mode after the LS3 T-body. That got me thinking what has caused that problem. If anyone else has gotten into REP mode with an 87mm, what was your TPS at WOT? My 87mm was only hitting 98.8, and my 90mm is hitting 100. I wonder if that is what was causing the problem.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I think the actual cause is that the increased airflow causes the blade to flutter which the ECM interprets as a throttle body problem and triggers REP.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

I have yet to get a REP mode after the LS3 T-body. That got me thinking what has caused that problem. If anyone else has gotten into REP mode with an 87mm, what was your TPS at WOT? My 87mm was only hitting 98.8, and my 90mm is hitting 100. I wonder if that is what was causing the problem.

That was the dead give a way for me when I seen this thread, the TPS only hitting around 98%. That's exactly what I've come across before with these throttle bodies when used on an FI engine, doesn't seem to be a problem on n/a engines though from what I've seen.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Im actually thinking about opening it up, and grinding on the stop to see if I can hit 100% to see if it corrects it. It might help people down the road.

Quick Reply: does anyone know a cure for REP mode?